Login with a social network:

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Beta : Sometime in 2015

Relive your Halo memories with your fellow space cowboys here!

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Beta : Sometime in 2015

Postby Havoc2049 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:37 pm

Yep, you read that right, a Halo MCC beta for a game that has been out since November of last year. As we all know, Halo MCC multiplayer, matchmaking and party system has not worked properly since launch. A real shame for fans of the Halo series. While the patches have made the game more playable, especially if you are playing solo and not in a party, there are still too many bugs to count. I guess 343i is going for a total revamp of the matchmaking and party system in hopes to fix it once and for all and get the game in a proper functioning state.

From 343i:
In recent weeks, we have been conducting extensive internal testing of an upcoming content update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Given the scale of the update, which includes changes to the matchmaking experience and party system, we are expanding testing to include select members of the Xbox One Preview program to ensure the official release is the best possible experience for all players.

The content update beta test is open to Xbox One owners within North America who have a copy of Halo: The Master Chief Collection and have opted-in for Xbox One beta testing as part of the Xbox One Preview program. This is an opt-in opportunity and the content update will only be made available to selected participants within the Xbox One Preview program, based on the highest levels of engagement with Halo: The Master Chief Collection. On Friday, January 23, participants selected will be prompted to download the content update automatically when the title is started.

Source with FAQ:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/1-23-15-mcc-content-update-beta-test-faq

I just got a notification via Xbox Live to participate in the beta. I hope to see some of you there and hopefully this is the update that fixes everything.
Last edited by Havoc2049 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Havoc2049
Cattle Rustler

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Beta : 1/23/2015

Postby Crof2003 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:30 am

I got this notice as well. Halo waypoint had a post on this with FAQs, which you should absolutely read before signing up!

Here are some important ones:

Q: When will the beta test of this content update take place?

A: Exact dates/times are subject to change, but the current plan is to test the content update during the evenings of Friday, January 23 through Monday, January 26. Specific session times will be shared with the selected participants.

Q: Will I still be able to use multiplayer matchmaking against other players that don’t have this content update?

A: No, during the time of this beta test when this content update is installed, you will only be able to be matched with other players that also have the content update.

Q: After the beta test of this content update is over, will I be able to use multiplayer matchmaking against other players without this content update?

A: In the days after the conclusion of the beta test, we will issue a content update that will then allow matchmaking with all players, as it worked prior to the beta test.
Gamertag - Crof2003

Multipalyer Games: Forza, Master Chief Collection, Titanfall, Battlefield 4
Crof2003
Undertaker

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby dunkaroo69 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:48 am

I got this notice too. I even got to fill out a survey :D Hopefully I get in. I don't mind testing it for them. I just want this game to work for everyone, cuz playing H2 on the remastered maps feels bloody marvelous.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby burnt_me » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:48 am

I got the message too. I will check it out on my console when I get home. If GSers will be playing the MCC beta this weekend then I am excited to join in :D

burnt_me
WANTED

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby Heartburn » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:23 am

Still playing dragon age on nightmare mode, but will try to play some MCC beta part 2 this weekend.
(I got the beta text this morning.)
Xbox One GT- Heartburn
Heartburn
Cattle Rustler

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby Crof2003 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:30 am

Get ready for me to sound like a hypocrite: but if this limits the restarts, crashes, and matchmaking times to a reasonable level I'll be gun-hoe for MCC and Halo 5 (1 forced restart for a party every 4 hours, matchmaking times of 2 minutes or less with informative matchmaking status). I may even change my avatar back!

The reason for my willingness to make a turnaround: I thought by now they had given up and left us MCC players for dead. If they fixed it and made it so its fun to play with minor frustration I'll be ecstatic. :-D

Now if it only fixes some problems, but not all of them, I'm out. It must fix parties and make sure they do not get broken up. It must fix the roster showing players online correctly. It must fix matchmaking times. I'll also accept a broken roster, but consistent joining through party/friends apps.

I'll be deciding if I'll apply for the demo after talking with my normal MCC buddies. I'd hate to miss gaming time due to them not getting a change to get the beta update. I'm sure there will be tons of online article coverage of if it works or not.
Gamertag - Crof2003

Multipalyer Games: Forza, Master Chief Collection, Titanfall, Battlefield 4
Crof2003
Undertaker

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby axefire » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:33 pm

I just have to ask, in the MCC version of Halo 2, can you super bounce, BXR, and quad shot like the good old H2 days on the original Xbox? Man that would get me to buy it...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
axefire
Cowboy

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby The13thMonkey » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:05 am

Bxb & bxr definitely work in h2 on mcc - not tried the double & quad shot but I'm sure they still are (pretty sure I've been double shot in mcc). Not tried any super jumps but have heard other ppl in party struggling to get them to work.

Bag pack reload still works in H1 on mcc.

However, I don't think the button glitches are in H2A. Not 100% on this but I think the control mechanics have been changed enough to remove the glitches (I'll test it later).
Last edited by The13thMonkey on Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

View my Games
The13thMonkey
Butcher

Games: 1

Postby The13thMonkey » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:15 am

Ok, double shot (RRX) still works in H2 mcc (guessing quad still works if this is working but I couldn't get it).

Sadly, none of the button glitches worked in H2A (could be me but I tried the timing I use for H2 as well as a few variations in my timing and nothing worked).

View my Games
The13thMonkey
Butcher

Games: 1

Postby Havoc2049 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:37 pm

I haven't done any of the button combos in Halo 2, bit I remember 343i said that if it could be performed in Halo 2 classic on the original, then you could do it Halo 2 classic in MCC. 343i also said that some of the graphic and geometry glitches might not work, since the graphics were upgraded to 1080p and the frame rate was bumped up to 60fps.

Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer runs on a modified Halo 4 engine.

I hope this game gets fixed this weekend with the beta. It's hard to get in a grove in MCC since sooo much time is spent waiting in the damn menu, searching and waiting for a game to start. I could live with all the other damn bugs, like rank resetting, game stats not recording and the campaign bugs, but the matchmaking not working is the frikin' worst.
Havoc2049
Cattle Rustler

Next

Return to Halo: Master Chief Collection