Login with a social network:

H2A Power Weapon Respawn Times

Relive your Halo memories with your fellow space cowboys here!

H2A Power Weapon Respawn Times

Postby The13thMonkey » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:52 am

I was talking to a few GS players online and the topic of timing power weapons came up.

We all seemed to think the weapon times in MCC were a bit off, especially in H2A games.

However, thinking about it afterwards I realised the problem. So, since H3 we have all gotten used to weapon respawn times starting from the point of pick up e.g. snipe on The Pit respawning 2mins after it is initially picked up. Also these times are mostly unaffected by what happens to the weapon after being picked up - it doesn't matter if the weapon is unused, emptied, dropped etc (only exception I could think of was a weapon falling off map threw off times by a few secs). This meant a couple things: 1) You could have more than one of any particular power weapon on a map at any one time regardless of how many spawn points there were, 2) Timing power weapons was relatively easy - note/call out when a power weapon was picked up and use the game timer so you could set up for it's next respawn. This was basically the same for H3, Reach & H4.

This was not the case for H2 and thus H2A. In H2 weapons respawn times start from when the weapon despawns - i.e. when an empty weapon is dropped, or 30s after a loaded weapon is dropped AND untouched. So, in H2 & H2A: 1) You can't have more than one of any particular power weapon on a map at any one time (unless there are 2 or more points where that weapon spawns) 2) When timing power weapons you now have to note/call out a bit more info - when a weapon is dropped, is the weapon empty or loaded, if loaded watching to see if it is touched (yep, simply walking over a loaded weapon resets the 30s despawn), & adjusting your timer appropriately 3) You can hold an empty power weapon until you are ready to start the respawn timer - as long as you don't die the timer won't start until you drop the empty weapon. I hope that makes sense.

So with that explained here are some of the major power weapon times for H2A:

Shrine/Sanctuary
* Sniper: 2:10 (130s)
* Rockets: 2:30 (150s)

Lockdown
* Sniper: 40s
* Sword: 40s

Ascension/Zenith
* Sniper: 1:20 (80s)
* Rockets: 1:20 (80s)

Warlord
* Camo: 70s (from pick up - last 50s)

These are the times at time of post - allow 5-8sec leeway. I'll try to post more times for each of the six H2A maps as I find them - times for the other games/maps should be unchanged although there have been a few reports of inconsistent weapon spawns since launch.

View my Games
The13thMonkey
Butcher

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 1
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: H2A Power Weapon Respawn Times

Postby The13thMonkey » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:42 am

Bloodline
* Sniper: 15s
* Rockets: 45s

Stonetown
* Sniper: 30s
* Rockets: 2:00 (120s)
* Sword: 1:30 (90s)

These were timed in custom games using the in game clock and double checked with both empty & loaded weapons. Please feel free to check them out yourself and let us know if u are getting dif time.

Also, loaded weapon despawn seems to be affected by line of sight i.e. If a player can see a loaded power weapon on the floor it will not despawn - not sure if this resets the 30s despawn timer like an actual touch or just pauses it.

View my Games
The13thMonkey
Butcher

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 1
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Return to Halo: Master Chief Collection