Login with a social network:

Day one

Relive your Halo memories with your fellow space cowboys here!

Day one

Postby Iconic MAC » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:25 am

Well day one was kind of a let down. From long wait times in matchmaking, getting booted from parties, and teams getting split up once your able to find a game. I am so glad I did not waste a day off for launch day. Hopefully this can be cleaned up this weekend so the frosty pints can be enjoyed.

How was everyone's day on halo? Are any members of GS working on forge maps? What is your favorite aspect of this game so far? BTW I could not get super jumps to work in custom lobbies, anyone else have any luck?

“Oh, you’re talking to me all wrong! It’s the wrong tone. You do it again, I’ll stab you in the face with a soldering iron.”
Prove It!
GT: xIconic MACx
Iconic MAC
Rancher

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Day one

Postby Fed Architect » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:51 am

I haven't even tried to get into any online multiplayer yet. My first day was spent playing thru the first campaign and starting the second, so it was a great day for me. It was awesome playing that old game again and then being able to jump right into the next one with no delay or disc swtiching. Also, the cinematic cut scenes for Halo 2 are just beautiful. You could put them together as a movie and I would watch just that. :D

I will be on for some MP this weekend, though. I read that there is an update rolling out today with more over the weekend, so it should be good to go for Frosty Pints. See you all then. :D
Xbox Live Fed Architect
PSN Fed_Architect
Steam: Fed_Architect
Twitter: @Fed_Architect
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FedArchitect

View my Games
Fed Architect
Jesse James

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 8
Highscores: 1

Postby nickyrock1962 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:34 am

I looked around the menu's as the day one update was downloading/installing. Adjusted settings/ color scheme, set universal controller settings for all games (set it to the one you can use left trig to ADS) then got lost all over again in halo 2 campaign... a good day for me.
Gamertag: NICKYROCK1962
Console: XBOXONE
Active Games: Forza 6
nickyrock1962
Jailer

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:03 am

I was a little let down that I couldn't co-op the campaign with Fed. Frosty pints pvp will be fun, but I was hoping for online co-op. Not sure if this was even a feature... anyways see you Friday evening after the MK8 bar league.

(This was only attempted on halo ce / halo 2) I didn't check halo 3/4

GT: Lawngnomer 6
Sent from a galaxy (note 3) far far away.... Via Tapatalk.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” ~Terry Pratchett

View my Games
LawnGnomer 6
Nomad

Games: 12
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 7190

Postby androsity13 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:10 am

Was disappointed that the multiplayer wasn't working...did start the Halo CE campaign though.
androsity13
WANTED

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby GrouchyGran » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:52 am

What button do you click to switch between the original look and the remastered look?

View my Games
GrouchyGran
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 12
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Dr Rockso 405 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:24 pm

GrouchyGran wrote:What button do you click to switch between the original look and the remastered look?

It' s whatever the new back button is called.

I'm just going to play the campaigns and other games for a few days until they get the MM straightened out; a little disappointed I didn't get to play any MM but still had fun with the H2A. Almost beat it and then on to 3!
GT: Dr Rockso 405 psn: JacoRiff
Dr Rockso 405
Rancher

Postby robaco78 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:11 am

My favorite part so far is reliving the first halo game. That was the first game I got into when I got the first Xbox. I also love it that I'm playing through the game with my son who was in pampers when I got halo the first time. It's killing me that I haven't been able to get online yet. I've tried multiple times and nothing ever happens. I know some people are playing online because I've seen them on Twitch. I got close once, it was a big team battle and we needed 10 people to start. We got up to 8 people then everybody started quitting. I really hope they iron out the problems before the frosty pints session.

Dr Rockso 405 wrote:
GrouchyGran wrote:What button do you click to switch between the original look and the remastered look?

It' s whatever the new back button is called.

What was the back button is now called the view button.
What was the start button is now called the menu button.
Gamertag = GRAFFIX

View my Games
robaco78
Dude

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 1
Main Platform: PC

Postby The13thMonkey » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:56 am

Gotten into a few mp games but the waits are long and kicks are often. Not played a mm game of H2A yet. H1's hit detection is messed up - getting sound cues that my shots are hitting but either getting a delay kill or nowt (the beloved H1 3 shot pistol is taking an average of 5 shots to kill). H2 has been the best so far but most games are leggy as hell. Ditto for H3. Not played a H4 game yet.

Honestly my heart is breaking. The campaign is great but I really want to play Halo multi player.

Most (if not all) of the twitch streams seem to be customs or campaign.

Custom games however seem fine across the board. H1 is still a bit dodgy but H2A is amazing - only done 1v1s so far (sry again betsy).

View my Games
The13thMonkey
Butcher

Games: 1

Postby nickyrock1962 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:24 am

that little 2 box button
Gamertag: NICKYROCK1962
Console: XBOXONE
Active Games: Forza 6
nickyrock1962
Jailer

Blog: View Blog (1)

Next

Return to Halo: Master Chief Collection