Login with a social network:

20gig day one update

Relive your Halo memories with your fellow space cowboys here!

20gig day one update

Postby Iconic MAC » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:46 pm

Did anyone experience slow download speeds for digital download of halo? I am at 46% at 16 hour download. My speed is at 10mb anyone else have this problem?

They'll be a 15gig day one update, does anyone know if that is include in the digital download? With all these downloads and slow speed looks like I won't make tonight's launch. Does game still work if I am downloading?

“Oh, you’re talking to me all wrong! It’s the wrong tone. You do it again, I’ll stab you in the face with a soldering iron.”
Prove It!
GT: xIconic MACx
Iconic MAC
Rancher

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: 20gig day one update

Postby Fed Architect » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:54 pm

It took a really long time for my download as well, and I am usually at 15 to 20 mb speeds. I do believe that the update is included in the download. The large update was for the disc versions because they didn't want to ship 3 or 4 disc.

I also think you will be able to play before the download is finished. You just might not have all the game features available until the game is fully downloaded.
Xbox Live Fed Architect
PSN Fed_Architect
Steam: Fed_Architect
Twitter: @Fed_Architect
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FedArchitect

View my Games
Fed Architect
Jesse James

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 8
Highscores: 1

Re: 20gig day one update

Postby Havoc2049 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:47 pm

I know people are having a hard time with the digital downloads and it is really slow. I just got home from picking-up a physical copy. It is up to 15%. 343i said that like all the other XB1 games, you can start playing before the download is complete.

18%....

This game is coming in hot! Not all features will be available day one. That ranking system will only be for Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer to start and Halo CE won't have a dedicated playlist. It will all be updated over the next several days. Might be a week or so before 343i has all the features active.

It hit 20% and I'm playing now. :-). Woot! Although all I can play right now is Halo 4...lol. The rest is still downloading.
Havoc2049
Cattle Rustler

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

20gig day one update

Postby Wolfhunter0313 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:18 pm

Took me from 1215-4am to install the game. Via the disc. I was starting to get extremely upset, then today I get on to find out matchmaking is horrible. Took me about 7-8 minutes to find a match. I finally game up and went to run the story .
Wolfhunter0313
Green Horn

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Return to Halo: Master Chief Collection