Login with a social network:

Not sure what people like about this game?

You've been called to duty once again, this time to engage in Advanced Warfare! Discuss COD within this section.

Not sure what people like about this game?

Postby Fed Architect » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:12 am

The spawns on this game are an absolute joke. I go killed from behind, in my spawn, more times than I have ever been killed in my own spawn before. If even one teammate of yours gets close to their spawn, their entire team is spawning behind you. Apparently this game only has two spawn points. Makes no sense to me.

The lag and hit detection are terrible. I literally shot at a guy who was right in front of me. Not around a corner, or a distance away from me, but maybe 10 feet in front of me and got nothing. I stopped shooting at him for a second because he wasn't turning to shoot at me and I wasn't killing him so I thought he was on my team and I just wasn't seeing it. I decided to fire one more time just ot be sure, still nothing and then he turns and kills me. Never seen anything like that before. I watch the kill cam and it looks like I am shooting in a different direction from him. The worst I have ever seen.

I will try this game a couple of more days with different game modes, but as of now, this game will be traded back in this weekend. I do not need this kind of frustration in a game. Too many other games coming out that won't make me want to kick babies.
Xbox Live Fed Architect
PSN Fed_Architect
Steam: Fed_Architect
Twitter: @Fed_Architect
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FedArchitect

View my Games
Fed Architect
Jesse James

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 8
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Not sure what people like about this game?

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:36 am

Fed Architect wrote:The spawns on this game are an absolute joke. I go killed from behind, in my spawn, more times than I have ever been killed in my own spawn before. If even one teammate of yours gets close to their spawn, their entire team is spawning behind you. Apparently this game only has two spawn points. Makes no sense to me.

The lag and hit detection are terrible. I literally shot at a guy who was right in front of me. Not around a corner, or a distance away from me, but maybe 10 feet in front of me and got nothing. I stopped shooting at him for a second because he wasn't turning to shoot at me and I wasn't killing him so I thought he was on my team and I just wasn't seeing it. I decided to fire one more time just ot be sure, still nothing and then he turns and kills me. Never seen anything like that before. I watch the kill cam and it looks like I am shooting in a different direction from him. The worst I have ever seen.

I will try this game a couple of more days with different game modes, but as of now, this game will be traded back in this weekend. I do not need this kind of frustration in a game. Too many other games coming out that won't make me want to kick babies.

That's pretty bad, especially since you survived battlefield 4 :)

GT: Lawngnomer 6
Sent from a galaxy (note 3) far far away.... Via Tapatalk.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” ~Terry Pratchett

View my Games
LawnGnomer 6
Nomad

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 12
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 7190

Postby Beagles329 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:47 am

Can we blame "The Cloud" for this? Seriously though, I felt the same way about Ghosts but none of what you've described has happened to me...yet. I actually felt the exact opposite, I was pretty happy with how the game was running but we stuck mostly to TDM, Kill Confirmed and Classic (no exo suit abilities) modes. The one game of Dom that we played we got destroyed and went back to KC.
OG Member of the, "If it flies, it dies" Black Ops Club

Beagles329
Outlaw

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby King_Rono » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:44 am

Beagles329 wrote:Can we blame "The Cloud" for this? Seriously though, I felt the same way about Ghosts but none of what you've described has happened to me...yet. I actually felt the exact opposite, I was pretty happy with how the game was running but we stuck mostly to TDM, Kill Confirmed and Classic (no exo suit abilities) modes. The one game of Dom that we played we got destroyed and went back to KC.

I had only 1 game so far (knock on wood) where I had a serious connection issue. Other than that I haven't had the issues I had with Ghosts or BO2 always being a second or two behind, they see me be before I see them, etc.

I am sending this to you in hopes of curing my boredom....
PSN: king_rono
King_Rono
Bounty Hunter

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby OneAcedia » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:18 am

well the games still new might take them a bit to work out the lag/connection issues. :geek:
ACEDIA

NICE AND SIMPLE
OneAcedia
Bandito

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby leiflvr » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:45 am

OneAcedia wrote:well the games still new might take them a bit to work out the lag/connection issues. :geek:

I've been playing COD since 2009 and am STILL waiting for them to figure out the lag/connection issues. Honestly nothing short of ded servers will stop this. Yes there will still be lag to the server but at this point it's just freaking ridiculous they are still using p2p.

I have yet to play a round of this game and have heard mostly good things but jesus christ the constant lag issues from game to game to game is stupid.
MAKE ME A SANDWICH-TripleF73.
Complaints? Call 30I-DGAF
leiflvr
Jesse James

Postby TylerV76 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:56 am

Im have the opposite reaction to the game. So far Im liking it alot. By this time last yera I dumped Ghosts. I mainly play Hardcore Kill Confirmed or Hardcore TDM. Its alot less frustrating than regular TDM. one mag gets me 3-4 kills in hardcore opposed to the 1 kill in regular. As for the spawns, yeah Ive been killed in them directly after respawning but honestly its happened less than 10 times in the 5 hours Ive played. I would prefer a 5 second spawn protection. There seems to be alot less missle strikes etc which is great and the exo suits didnt ruin the game like I expected them to.

Id highly recommend Hardcore modes if the hit detection is bothering you. As for lag, very very minimal from what Ive experienced.
Xbox: TylerV76
Steam: TylerV76
TylerV76
Cowpoke

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby dunkaroo69 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:00 am

New "COD" smell. I've loved every single COD the first few days I play it. Even MW3 :P But then the novelty wears off and I start to see the glaring issues the games have and can't understand what I thought was so great about the game in the first place.

I'm still looking forward to Christmas when I can actually play this. Who knows: by then these issues might be fixed :D

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Toledo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:42 am

Last game last night was unplayable. I would put damn near an entire magazine into someone. On the kill cam after I die, I'm facing in the wrong direction and didn't even fire a shot. I will never claim to b good at this game but stuff like this isn't helping my cause cause

Toledo
Blacksmith

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby Skoolyz0301 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:01 am

I have had a game or 2 with connection issues/lag but for the most part, I think its been a pretty solid experience for me so far after 2 days.
Skoolyz0301
Stable Hand

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Next

Return to Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare