#XboxOneX - Initial Reactions? #XB1X

Place all your thoughts on Microsoft's Xbox360 and Xbox One here.

#XboxOneX - Initial Reactions? #XB1X

Postby McMurphy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:59 pm

Microsoft's E3 press conference just concluded on today at E3, and it showcased the power of the upcoming Xbox One X. What are your initial reactions?

As I was saying in chat, I don't know if it will pull gamers traditionally not Xbox buyers, but it could appease folks who have been waiting for good news for the Xbox One. The name, in my opinion, is not great. It makes me think of the whole Wii U scenario.

But that is just me. I don't know what I am talking about. What do the rest of you think?

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 66
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
TagsXbox One X, XBX1, reactions

Re: #XboxOneX - Initial Reactions? #XB1X

Postby HeadshotPenguin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Yes, yes, yes. It's on my list to buy this year...
I would've liked it to be called Scorpio, but alas :(.

View my Games
HeadshotPenguin
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 16
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8670

Postby dunkaroo69 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:12 pm

Going to preorder tomorrow (if I can). Can't build a 4k HDR 60 FPS pc for less than 500 smackers and the PS4 Pro only does a bit of 4K. Can't wait to play Star Wars BF2 on it this Christmas.

Name is a let down, but what's in a name? They could call it the Sunshine Farter of UHD and I'd still buy it providing it plays Metro Exodus looking as good as it did in the reveal :o That sucker was amazing. And that new IP from BioWare looks incredible.

Just out of curiosity, who watched the event on Mixer in 4K? I'm just wondering, because everything on my TV looked utterly amazing and I'm curious if the people that weren't blown away by it weren't watching it in 4K, HDR to see exactly what this machine can do.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, The Division, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 40
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby BobaFett86 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:55 pm

@Dunk. I did not watch it in 4k but was fairly impressed with what I saw. Though, that $500 price point is pretty stiff for me. I do not believe all xboxox games will run at 60FPS, I believe they said Minecraft would but I would be surprised if other games could as well. Either way pretty decent for a 4k gaming machine.

I like what I see but I am going to build a gaming PC instead of getting a 4k PS4 Pro or XBOXOX. I am opting for 60FPS at 1080 until down the road. Pretty excited to see more of Anthem as well! That game looked awesome.
BobaFett86
Cowboy Bebop

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Silus-Wyvern » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:31 pm

I think MS is finally come around to fixing where they initially messed up. Their messaging seemed pretty clear in that XBOX is for pushing limits and for BC which is great for xbox'rs. However I have a pretty good gaming PC that while a touch behind still plays things 60fps + on ultra or 120 on high cuz my primary Monitor is 144hz. That being said any game I'm interested in is also hitting pc and I could take $500 and upgrade my pc. Between my PC and switch im all good

Twitter: @silus_wyvern

View my Games
Silus-Wyvern
Featured Broadcaster
Featured Broadcaster

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 10
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 2609

Postby Babyboythegod » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:04 pm

The way I see it--- if you plan on getting a 4K tv then it is worth it to pick one up.

I plan to eventually get a 4K tv. I could get a $300 4K blu ray player-- OR I could get a player that also happens to play xbox games! 4K netflix- amazon- 4K movies- and games with HDR, yes please.
Xbox live- Babyboythegod
PSN- Babyboytheking

Add me and let me know what you play!

https://youtube.com/channel/UClHMA0hVz-5OOAqqaYksNIw

View my Games
Babyboythegod
Rancher

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Games: 1
Highscores: 1
Main Platform: -Not Specified-