Login with a social network:

Ark Xbox One Dedicated Server

Place all your thoughts on Microsoft's Xbox360 and Xbox One here.

Ark Xbox One Dedicated Server

Postby Ender_Cowboy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:33 am

Hey guys, I figured I would ask, since I wasn't able to find anything definite. Does Gunslinger Gaming run a dedicated Ark Server? I ask because I have been kicking around the idea recently, since I just acquired a second Xbox One. I talked about doing one with a couple friends of mine, but thought it might be a little empty with a 70+ player limit. Also, I'd hate to miss out on a server where we are all playing if one is already set up. Let me know if there's any interest in this, and if so I'll set up a constant online dedicated server for the us Gunslingers.
Ender_Cowboy
Green Horn

1 year of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Ark Xbox One Dedicated Server

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:48 am

Yes one of our members does host a server, or did not too long ago. I'll reply with the info here in just a moment
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” ~Terry Pratchett

View my Games
LawnGnomer 6
Nomad

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 12
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 7190

Re: Ark Xbox One Dedicated Server

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:55 am

AxonDomini wrote:So I honestly have found that public servers, to put it bluntly, suck. People build in annoying places, block resource spawns, and when the server is busy the dino spawns slow to a trickle. Given this, I took the only reasonable step and bought a second Xbox One to run a dedicated server! It's installing Ark now and I'm thinking of the using the following settings:

Map: The Center
Taming : 2x
Harvesting & XP Gain: 1x
Rotting Speed: 2/3 Normal

I'm open to feedback on these settigs, and once it's up and running I'll post the details here!

Send Axon a friend request, and shoot him a msg on xbox live and I'm sure he'll get you set up. Last time I looked in on this server they had several Gunslingers playing at various times.
If for some reason they are not up and running. I do play on a public server and have an established tribe / allies. I don't get to play nearly as much as I'd like but I'd be willing to help you out if your interested. Anywho look forward to seeing ya online sometime.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” ~Terry Pratchett

View my Games
LawnGnomer 6
Nomad

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 12
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 7190

Return to Microsoft