Project Scorpio

Place all your thoughts on Microsoft's Xbox360 and Xbox One here.

Project Scorpio

Postby HeadshotPenguin » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Has anyone had chance to see the released specs and details about the upcoming Project Scorpio.

It can be found here http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-project-scorpio-tech-revealed

It looks like I need to upgrade my TV soon...

What do you think of the specs, will you make the jump to it when it gets released?

View my Games
HeadshotPenguin
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 16
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8670
TagsProject Scorpio, Xbox next gen

Re: Project Scorpio

Postby dunkaroo69 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:46 pm

For me, it's all gonna come down to price. If they keep it at around $500 (Canadian) dollars, I'll buy it. I already have a 4k HDR tv, so nothing to worry about there. But if this thing is mind blowingly expensive (like seven or eight hundred) then I'll just pass until it's on sale. Still, very impressive console.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, The Division, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 40
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby RobbinxDeHood » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:28 am

I can't wait to get my hands on this. Ever since I heard about it I've been craving it. I don't have a 4k tv but I have a really nice 50" television that could use the graphics bump not to mention the back end stuff it can do. Frame rate increase, faster loading, although the only drawback is that all the games have to work across all the consoles. That means that the extra power that made things like Shadow of Mordor possible on the Xbox One but was limited on the Xbox 360 might become a possibility. The Scorpio just might be able to do things that the other consoles can't. It doesn't mean the games won't work on all platforms but Scorpio owners may get a more robust experience. This is just a guess based on what I've seen happen so far on last gen consoles compared to current gen. The Scorpio is seriously powerful, it's more comparable to a PC than current gen consoles I would hate to but it only to have all that power go to waste.
RobbinxDeHood
Rancher

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Cpt Carunch » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:53 am

Yeah, I read through all the specs. I'm no technie but it all sounds interesting, especially for the Devs. I will most likely be buying day one. I'd like to see some new games being displayed. For now, I'll be waiting on some of the Xbox games releasing this summer/fall until Scorpio launches if they all experience advanced graphics! My one wish for this console is to have an added M/K attachement. I'm just dying to play a game like Civilization on a console!
XBox GT: Cpt Carunch
PSN: CptCarunch
Cpt Carunch
Cattle Rustler

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Hir3ling » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:36 am

Yeah, I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I like to play on a monitor because of the responsiveness and my 4K monitor doesn't have HDR. So I'll have to buy the scorpio and a very expensive monitor. lol
XB1-GT: Hir3ling
~Non Compos Mentis~

View my Games
Hir3ling
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 21

Postby HeadshotPenguin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:21 am

My to buy list is getting bigger each time there is an announcement of some sort...

View my Games
HeadshotPenguin
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 16
Discord: 8670

Return to Microsoft