Path of Exile Coming to Xbox

Place all your thoughts on Microsoft's Xbox360 and Xbox One here.

Path of Exile Coming to Xbox

Postby Wutsittou » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:36 pm

GGG just announced that they will be bringing their game to Xbox One. It will be interesting to see how they make that transition considering how in depth some of the UI's/controls are. It plays well with the steam controller now, we will see I suppose. They will continue to let it be free to play on Xbox, so that is enough to get me excited.

Announcement Trailer:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1821330

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Battlefield 4
View my Games
Wutsittou
Trail Guide

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 14
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Path of Exile Coming to Xbox

Postby dunkaroo69 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:38 pm

HOLY FRIGGIN CRAP that's awesome!!! Love that game as much as Diablo. Can't friggin wait to play it on Xbox!!!

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, The Division, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 40
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Wutsittou » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:08 pm

Yeah neither can I. I was playing it with my steam controller awhile back and its not bad. Will be interesting see how they transition the controls. It'll also be better with the power of Xbox's community and party stuff.

View my Games
Wutsittou
Trail Guide

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby dunkaroo69 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:42 pm

Yeah, really looking forward to it. The steam controller, though I have it working almost the way I want it, is still missing something with this game. Try as I might, I just couldn't get it perfect like I could for nearly every other game. Glad I'll finally be able to use a native controller for it.

This might be wishful thinking, but it'd be nice to have the couch coop like D3 has on console. Me and my son have sank roughly 500 hours into that game between the two of us, so this would be a really nice added feature for PoE.

Also, damn, I've never seen so many entitled people than those who are up in arms about this move from GGG. You'd think the end of the world was on its way the way some folks are talking. Crazy, but World of Tanks, Warframe, Planetside 2, Smite, Neverwinter and a host of other free to play games that were first on PC then ported to console all managed to survive and even thrive on both platforms.

View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Wutsittou » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:10 pm

I didn't even think about the couch co-op. That will be an even better bonus since I was able to get my wife to play D3 and like it (she doesn't really play games). PoE will be a much better and more in depth game for us to enjoy. Here's to hoping!

Ha, I suppose you read a lot of those comments too lol. I was thinking the same thing, this is great news for PoE. I think the backlash stems from the worry that GGG will start dumbing down the system and delaying content/patch releases. I think their procedure will be PC first then Xbox though. The best thing about the new consoles is their architecture is similar to that of a PC, so I don't see the big deal. If it was for the 360 then you might run into some big problems.

View my Games
Wutsittou
Trail Guide

Postby MyMagicFingers » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:25 am

I am at work so I cannot open the link, do they have a release date? I doubt they do but figured I'd ask.
Will they let us transfer our PC files over? That would be amazing. Though haven't played it in years so I doubt my account is still active.
MyMagicFingers
Green Horn

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby Wutsittou » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:59 am

I read somewhere that you won't be able to transfer, but I am not 100% sure. I don't think it will support crossplay either based on the info in that link. As far as a release day, all they say is soon. I'm guessing in the fall. Maybe we will get more information at E3

View my Games
Wutsittou
Trail Guide

Postby dunkaroo69 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:12 pm

Yeah, I don't think you'll be able to transfer anything. The game is slightly different on Xbox from what I've seen (not drastically different, but similar to how Diablo 3 is on PC as opposed to console), so I can't imagine anything working properly. Too bad, though. I have some pretty nice exiles I would love to transfer :D

View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Wutsittou » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:01 am

Yeah, it would be nice to get a head start with a little currency on hand. However, a fresh start for everyone will be nice too. I'd like to get back into playing, but a part of me just wants to wait 'til the Xbox version comes out because I know I'll get it lol.

View my Games
Wutsittou
Trail Guide

Return to Microsoft