Login with a social network:

Ark Survivial: XBOX 1

Place all your thoughts on Microsoft's Xbox360 and Xbox One here.

Re: Ark Survivial: XBOX 1

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Fed Architect wrote:I decided to load this back up over the weekend. Haven't even tried to jump back in to it since going alone is not really that fun. I am going to try to run with you guys a bit and see if I like it better that way. Just let me know when you will be on and then how to join you, because as I said, I only ran solo before. I make no promises of being any real help to the tribe, though. :D

Hey there Fed. glad to see ya. I mostly play late in the evenings, around 10pm EST. I'll shoot ya party invite next time I see you on. As far as helping the tribe, really 2 people can manage most anything, but it is way more fun playing with others than trying to go at it alone.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” ~Terry Pratchett

View my Games
LawnGnomer 6
Nomad

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 12
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 7190
TagsArk Survivial, Ark, Clan, Adult, Gaming, XB1, Xbox One, Xbox 1

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:31 pm

AxonDomini wrote:The server is running. Send me an XBox message, along with your GS handle, so I can send you the server name and friend you from the server's profile. You can join directly from the friends list then.

I'll talk with Andoreum when he gets back from vacation, I don't know if we'll join you on the private server or not, but I wish ya luck none the less. This game is way more fun with friends, and I agree that public servers can make it tedious at times. I agree with the comment made about setting harvesting to 2x. 1x is horribly slow. My other recommendation is to strictly limit the use of admin commands "cheating", as they tend to bog down the private servers for some reason, and all in all make the game not very fun.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” ~Terry Pratchett

View my Games
LawnGnomer 6
Nomad

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby AxonDomini » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:25 pm

Lawn, it would be great if you joined us but, given all you guys have accomplished on your public server, I'd totally understand if you choose to stay. Regardless, Corpse and I both owe you and Andoreum a debt of gratitude for welcoming us into your clan and being so supportive of our newbness! You guys rejuvenated my interest in Ark and are in no small part responsible for my decision to start a private dedicated server by helping me to see what Ark COULD be with a good group (which you provided!) and a good server (which, sadly, the public servers were only able to provide sporadically).

Right now the current gathering rate feels right, probably because we have a half dozen members splitting the load. Wood, stone, thatch and fiber are easily gathered in short order when we focus on them and the mid-tier resources (metal, crystal, chitin, etc.) are attainable in moderate quantities with a touch more effort, making this level of equipment attainable but still valuable and moderately painful to lose, but far from devastating. We're even gathering a decent stockpile of oil and silica pearls that we aren't yet ready to use. I suspect the design of The Center has something to do with this. Metal and crystal, for example, are available a short walk from our base. If we were on The Island I suspect I'd feel differently.

As for admin commands, I totally agree! I have yet to use one, though I was sorely tempted when a bronto was glitched onto our base. I'm glad I restrained myself, though, because Tirade's attempt to draw it away with a melee attack led to an absolutely hilarious moment that ended in his death, my death and the death of our brave tamed dodo who ferociously attacked the bronto after it gave Tirade a sound tail lashing!

I have to say we've had a number of fantastic experiences already, made all the better by the fact that we're forced to get by with what we can make and find. Our first turtle hunt with bows, spears and cloth armor was amazing, as was our hastily thrown together retrieval of Fyn's body on the edge of the jungle across the water that led to the totally unplanned taming of two scorpions (which we then had to figure out how to get back to the base across shark infested waters!). Fed's pterandon, which he forgot to put on "passive", ended up taking on a triceratops as we madly scrambled to (successfully!) save the foolish bird. All of this was accomplished while sheltering ourselves in the most absurdly and inconveniently designed base (built by yours truly!) with an animal pen that is overly cramped, horribly ugly and ridiculously far from our house!

You should stop by for a bit, if only to laugh at us. :)
AxonDomini
Dude

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:42 am

I'd love to make a character and check it out. I tried to join the party last night but ran into some error. I'd like to play with you all this weekend though if you need to add me on your other profile. Like always I'll be on later than a lot of you, and I have had issues in the past playing on private servers due to this. If the server goes down or what have you, then I'm stuck without a game to play :( Lol anywho I'll tell you all about it one of these times when I get to meet up with ya. I will join you all tonight if everything goes as planned.

View my Games
LawnGnomer 6
Nomad

Postby AxonDomini » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:12 am

Yeah, we saw you trying to join last night and were disappointed you weren't able to. Hopefully tonight you'll have more luck! I'll friend you on my other profile and send you a message on it so you can add it to your own friends list. So far the server has been reliable but, of course, without the redundancies of the official servers there are no guarantees. I do, at least, have a generator at my house that powers the TV and my XBoxes, so that's something. :)
AxonDomini
Dude

Postby Crazy Kakoos » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:06 am

I added you as a friend.

I'll give this game another shot with a GS server.

GT: Crazy Kakoos
Crazy Kakoos
Green Horn

Postby cattafett » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:34 pm

if possible i'd like to get in on this, played an an official server since the centre came out and am well established with all the goodies like gigas and mosas and miss that early grind but the thought of starting again amongst a sea of pillars kinda put me off, who do i need to speak to?
also (not sure if this is the right place but) if anyone wants to play on an official pve server and wants a leg up hit me up, can quickly lvl you up and have access most kibbles (quezt kibble not included cos i needs more mosas) and utility dinos

GT Catta Fett

edit: just got wiped so it'll take a week or so to get back but then i can help :lol:
cattafett
Green Horn

Postby Fed Architect » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:31 am

Catta Fett, to get on just make sure that either AxonDomini, endlesstirade, CorpseDiver or myself(Fed Architect) are on your friends list and then just join us when we in the game. Once in, we can invite you to the tribe. You might also want to try and add AxonServer to your friends list. Once Axon friends you back, you will be able to just join on that if no one else is online.

Our starting base affectionately named "The Projects" is on Tropical Island North, so that is the best place to spawn in for the first time. It will make it easier for us to find you to get you setup and invited to tribe.

Hope this helps! :)
Xbox Live Fed Architect
PSN Fed_Architect
Steam: Fed_Architect
Twitter: @Fed_Architect
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FedArchitect

View my Games
Fed Architect
Jesse James

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 8
Highscores: 1

Postby CorpseDiver » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:00 am

Once again I'm late to the party, but in regard to one of Axion's comments...

Regardless, Corpse and I both owe you and Andoreum a debt of gratitude for welcoming us into your clan and being so supportive of our newbness!

This! Most definitely!

And times haven't changed. I'm still killing as many tames as ever and refuse to use anyone else's because of it. I've never had such a love/hate relationship with a game before, lol.
CorpseDiver
Stable Hand

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:36 am

CorpseDiver wrote:Once again I'm late to the party, but in regard to one of Axion's comments...

Regardless, Corpse and I both owe you and Andoreum a debt of gratitude for welcoming us into your clan and being so supportive of our newbness!

This! Most definitely!

And times haven't changed. I'm still killing as many tames as ever and refuse to use anyone else's because of it. I've never had such a love/hate relationship with a game before, lol.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. We have discussed the possibility of moving to the private server, but have, for the time being, decided to remain on the public server. (Offical NA server PE #76 [if you type in 76 in the search box you'll find it]) We now have a couple quetzels, and are working with allies to breed some stronger dinos, We have a 250ish argentavis in the works now and another high level allosaurs. Our next big goal after we get some things completed is to jump onto scorched earth and get some wyverns with the help of our allies who have an active presence there on server 935. I believe that this above all things might be our reason for staying with the public server, even with all its flaws the ally system is awesome. Anyways we're always around if you have any questions etc.

View my Games
LawnGnomer 6
Nomad

PreviousNext

Return to Microsoft