Login with a social network:

Super Smash Bros Wii U. Game Breaking Glitch!

The gloves are off among the Gunslingers as they duke it out in Super Smash Bros. on both the 3DS and Wii U!

Super Smash Bros Wii U. Game Breaking Glitch!

Postby pokemonfan111 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:27 pm

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/new-smash- ... H0rKsku145

This is a game breaking glitch in which you can receive error code 160-1710, and it can also brick your Wii U. Multiple People have reported having this glitch, and in the link i provided above, there's a video showing someone's Wii U who gets the code. I recommend everyone to stay away from Smash Wii U even if you're playing single player, don't even open the game until Nintendo says something about it/ it gets patched.
pokemonfan111
Stable Hand

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-
TagsSuper Smash Bros, Wii U, Wii U bricking, console breaking, fatal error, game breaking

Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U. Game Breaking Glitch!

Postby McMurphy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:44 pm

Big news and excellent alert, pokemonfan111! I am sticking this topic, copying it to our Gazette, sending out a Shellslingers mass pm, and sharing on our communication tools to help spread the word.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Rocket League
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 69
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674

Postby Merky Water » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:38 pm

Thanks for the heads up! I'm away from my console until Sat or Sun anyhow, but I'll be sure Lizzie knows as I'd rather not come home to either of our machines bricked. Hopefully, Nintendo's already hatching a solution and I'll return to my console with a patch ready to be installed

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 41
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (5)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 6083

Postby Wikilectual » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:27 am

Good looking pokemonfan! Wow bricking system?! That would been a disasterous, and left Nintendo at the mercy of Freddy :baddude: :eggman:
hahaha
Bring the noise like an onomonopia!
What if oxygen is actually poisonous, and just takes 75-100 years to kill us?!?
Wikilectual
Bandit

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby dunkaroo69 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:55 am

Oh wow! That's crazy. What's with video games lately. First there was lag, then there was matchmaking, now we have games that can brick consoles. What will the industry think of next???

God I hope this is fixed by Christmas.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Cope » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:14 am

This is terrible.! I am at a loss as to what to do because this game is awesome.....nope do not want to risk it.
Cope
Undertaker

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby Cope » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:26 pm

So I just tried accessing the eshop to browse and an update came up. don't know if this is for the smash fix or not but I am not going to smash out till I get the official word from Nintendo.
Cope
Undertaker

Postby dunkaroo69 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:53 pm

Found this. The glitch may not be limited to Smash:

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2o2ems/error_1600103_its_not_smash/

What it says in a nutshell is that this problem has been around since the release of the console due to faulty memory chips. I actually just did a google search of Wii U Error Code 160-0103 and found several related incidents with Zelda, MK8, even simple Wii U Chat.

http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/103077

This article is all the way back in November 2012.

This is crazy. I feel scared to just turn my wii u on now :o

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Demonstryde » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:00 pm

I have checked all of the sources i can find on this topic and so far it seems to be related to online for glory matches, and i haven't seen any users who have a digital copy post that they have gotten the error code.
the work around seems to be to have the data installed on a flash drive. if it becomes corrupt you can still flash the removable drive, where as people who have received this code were not able to even delete the smash data, and if they were they were not able to erase the save data vice a verse, also those users who got the error code were still able to play other games even on their corrupted flash drives except for the smash data/game.
The bricking of the Wii U seems to happen after failed attempts to erase the smash data and trying to reformat the wii U.
DO NOT REFORMAT YOUR WII U CONSOLE IF YOU GET ONE OF THE SEVERAL ERROR CODES RELATED TO SMASH BROS, YOUR CONSOLE WILL BRICK ITSELF. if you have gotten the error code, do nothing related to smash until the update fix comes.
Hopefully those who have gotten the error but have not formatted will be able to fix their game or be able to re install fresh.
hope we all fair well and get through this difficult time. may we all smash in peace.

EDIT: link to someone who had same error code from scribblenauts and fixed using the ssb4 game.
http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/145196#145196
Life is a Shroom Trip Cap to Cap~ Demonstryde
Demonstryde
Dude

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby garycsd? » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:26 pm

Gonna buy flash drive and save game there then as I really wanna try this game only got it 2 days ago and wanna try my yoshi amiibo. Has this only happen on US version or eu as well??
garycsd?
Stable Hand

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Next

Return to Super Smash Bros