What is Your Controller Preference?

The gloves are off among the Gunslingers as they duke it out in Super Smash Bros. on both the 3DS and Wii U!

Wii U Gamepad
13%
Wii Remote
No votes
Wii Remote + Nunchuck
7%
Classic Controller Pro
No votes
Wii U Pro Controller
40%
Gamecube Controller
40%
3DS System
No votes

Total votes : 15

Postby McMurphy » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:14 pm

Like MK8, Smash Bros on the Wii U offers several different controller options to use while playing off and online.

Which control option have you been using most often?

I am curious about this question because I haven't settled on a controller yet, trying out a different one pretty much every time I sit down to play. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 66
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
TagsSuper Smash Bros, Wii U, 3DS, Nintendo, Gunslingers, Gunslinger Gaming, control options, Shellslingers, friend codes, NNID, Nintendo IDs, Master List

Re: What is Your Controller Preference?

Postby Merky Water » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:34 pm

Hmmm. I don't know enough to vote yet. I've only played with the gamepad and U pro so far. If i stick with either of these, one thing's for sure is i'll be doing custom control schemes as some of the defaults are driving me nuts. Great that they have this feature since I'm so picky

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 39
Blog: View Blog (5)
Discord: 6083

Postby Cope » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:47 am

Murph I use the Wiimote and chuck... Probably one of the only smashers out there who does so! I got a wicked custom setup I use that I also posted in another part of the forum. I highly recomend you try it out and customize your controls as you see fit. It is a fun way to play!
Cope
Undertaker

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Cope » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:49 am

Up - quick smash
left - quick smash
right - quick smash
down - attack
A - jump
B - special
Z - grab
C - block

TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE! oh and I always take off the tap up jump option.
Cope
Undertaker

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby gspsychedelic » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:27 pm

I got a WII U Pro Controller specially for Smash. I think I could never bring myself to play with the Wiimote neither the Wii U Gamepad. Plus it was an excuse to use it on other games.
At first I was thinking of the Gamecube controller, but then checking the price and the adapter (the controller seems to be exactly same item ID as the old gamecube remote) I decided not to grab it, specially since the adapter eats the two available USB ports.

I'm currently playing GTA V, Overwatch, Titanfall 2
View my Games
gspsychedelic
Grave Digger

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 26
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: PC

Postby Merky Water » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:09 am

gspsychedelic wrote:I got a WII U Pro Controller specially for Smash. I think I could never bring myself to play with the Wiimote neither the Wii U Gamepad. Plus it was an excuse to use it on other games.
At first I was thinking of the Gamecube controller, but then checking the price and the adapter (the controller seems to be exactly same item ID as the old gamecube remote) I decided not to grab it, specially since the adapter eats the two available USB ports.

Your console should have 4 USB slots, 2 on front and another 2 in rear. It's also believed(although i've not talked to anyone with it to confirm) that one of the 2 USBs this adapter requires is merely to power the adapter. If true, that particular USB would just need to plug in to some device or powerstrip not limited to those on the Wii U

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 39
Blog: View Blog (5)
Discord: 6083

Postby gspsychedelic » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:18 pm

Merky Water wrote:Your console should have 4 USB slots, 2 on front and another 2 in rear. It's also believed(although i've not talked to anyone with it to confirm) that one of the 2 USBs this adapter requires is merely to power the adapter. If true, that particular USB would just need to plug in to some device or powerstrip not limited to those on the Wii U

You are correct :oops:
As a matter of fact I had no idea I could open that slot up front and get access to the other two ports and a SD card :roll: Shows how much love I've given to the Wii U. Have just inserted and played discs though, but it baffles me to discover this one year later.

I'm currently playing GTA V, Overwatch, Titanfall 2
View my Games
gspsychedelic
Grave Digger

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 26
Main Platform: PC

Postby robosaur » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:13 pm

I have the adapter, I only need to use one USB port. Apparently the second plug is for the rumble function in the controllers, so it's entirely optional.
robosaur
Stable Hand

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby Rapidkirby3k » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:07 am

Having played Brawl with the same silver Gamecube controller I'm currently using, I voted just for that. ;)

I'm currently playing LittleBigPlanet 3, Rocket League, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Gears of War 4
View my Games
Rapidkirby3k
Cowboy

Games: 5
Discord: 0875

Postby dunkaroo69 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:52 am

Love the gamecube controller. Everything in its place, exactly where it should be :D

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, The Division, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games: 40
Highscores: 1
Main Platform: XboxOne

Next

Return to Super Smash Bros