Smash Bros Pre-Orders via Wii U's Eshop Download Immediately

The gloves are off among the Gunslingers as they duke it out in Super Smash Bros. on both the 3DS and Wii U!

Smash Bros Pre-Orders via Wii U's Eshop Download Immediately

Postby McMurphy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:21 pm

Pre-ordered copies of Smash Bros on the Wii U via the eShop start downloading immediately...presumably allowing players to skip a midnight launch experience held off by a long lasting download status bar.

I am downloading the entire 15gb digital game right now onto my flash drive I set aside specifically for the Wii U. Naturally, Nintendo will keep me locked out of the game until midnight, November 21st, but it is still something to consider for those of you who want the game ready to go exactly at midnight.

Also, Smash Bros is the last major release by Nintendo that will still earn Nintendo Digital Deluxe credit. So, if you are looking for a last hoorah that will earn you a $5 gift card, the eShop may be the way to go.

EDIT: Nintendo may actually be stalling the download because I am stuck at 0% completion (with only 117 MB completed) with "99 hr. 59 min." to go. :duckhunt:

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 66
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
TagsSmash bros, wii u, nintendo, digital copy, pre order, download before release, eshop

Re: Smash Bros Pre-Orders via Wii U's Eshop Download Immedia

Postby Merky Water » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Not a bad deal. Glad you guys'll have it there and ready for release!

Mine's coming snailmail... or carrier pigeon... or however Toys R Us ships things. I was close to going digital here to have it on release... but since I had almost talked myself into waiting for Christmas, I easily convinced myself instead to wait just a few days for a free amiibo. Image

See you on the battlefield once that infernal plastic wrap is dispatched!

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 39
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (5)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 6083

Return to Super Smash Bros