Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

The gloves are off among the Gunslingers as they duke it out in Super Smash Bros. on both the 3DS and Wii U!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Postby vhr2121 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:35 pm

It is confirmed! November 21st as its release date! Same release date as Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire... And 1 week before Black Friday, I think... Well played, Nintendo.

Also, the Wii U Gamecube Adapter (I've read that the Wavebird controllers work on it, too), the Smash-themed Gamecube Controller, the Bundle that includes both products and the game, AND the first Amiibo set will be released at that date as well. Sad wallets, anyone? Mine sure is...

So, who's getting it? And will you get any of the extra stuff? Again, my wallet is sad so HOPEFULLY I can afford the game and just the game, oh well.

I'm currently playing Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros
View my Games
vhr2121
Smash Bros Keeper of Das Boot

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 13
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-
Discord: 0605
TagsSuper,Smash,Bros.,WiiU,Wii U,Release,Date,Amiibo

Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Postby Merky Water » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:08 pm

Getting it! And can't wait!! Gonna start shopping around for a bundle to preorder. Anyone know of any freebies or deals on such things?

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 39
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (5)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 6083

Postby Lucu » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:55 pm

Merky Water wrote:Getting it! And can't wait!! Gonna start shopping around for a bundle to preorder. Anyone know of any freebies or deals on such things?

There's bound to be something for it during black friday in US (question is do you think there will be enough copies to last before then )
Lucu
Cattle Rustler

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby MplsNinjaInc » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:26 am

This is a day one for me.

The only bundle I've seen so far is this:

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-Bros- ... B00M35YLLY

I've noticed that on both amazon and gamestop, this bundle isn't available. I'm hoping I didn't miss out on a limited pre-order kind of thing. The gamecube controller and adapter are a must for me. I can't imagine playing this using the gamepad.

I don't think it will be hard to find a copy of the game during the holiday season. It's Smash Bros. It'll be everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised a bit if I saw copies for sale at my local gas station :D

I'm currently playing Dragon Age Inquisition, Grand Theft Auto V, Star Wars Battlefront, Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Super Smash Bros
View my Games
MplsNinjaInc
Green Horn

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby vhr2121 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:34 am

MplsNinjaInc wrote:This is a day one for me.

The only bundle I've seen so far is this:

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-Bros- ... B00M35YLLY

I've noticed that on both amazon and gamestop, this bundle isn't available. I'm hoping I didn't miss out on a limited pre-order kind of thing. The gamecube controller and adapter are a must for me. I can't imagine playing this using the gamepad.

I don't think it will be hard to find a copy of the game during the holiday season. It's Smash Bros. It'll be everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised a bit if I saw copies for sale at my local gas station :D

I'm afraid to say it, but you did miss your chance of preorder that bundle on Amazon, I checked a week ago and it was still available for preorder.

Also, Like Smash Bros. Brawl, the game can be played with a lot of control schemes besides the gamepad, like Wiimote alone, Wiimote + nunchuck, Wiimote + Classic Controller (Pro), Wii U Pro Controller and the Gamecube controller (provided you got the adapter first), so... yeah.

I'm currently playing Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros
View my Games
vhr2121

Discord: 0605

Postby Merky Water » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:55 am

Hmmm. Well, this is unfortunate. While part of me REALLY wants this day one, the rational side of me says wait 'til Christmas. Usually, i don't pay him much mind as some piece of shiny tips the scale and tunes him out.

In this case, I've got plenty of games to play as summer work schedule has put me far behind. If there's no preorder bonus, and even the bundle can't be preordered, I think rational side's gonna ring loud. Rest assured, I will have this game by Christmas by hook or by crook. It may not be a bundle apparently... but I'd imagine odds are pretty good this game will be available on eShop if nothing else pops up. Then I can go buy myself a colorful controller :D

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water

Games: 39
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (5)
Discord: 6083

Postby dunkaroo69 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:19 am

Definitely getting it but... no can play til after Christmas :( Long story...

My EB Games (the Canadian Gamestop) has that Amazon bundle available for preorder right now for 99.99

https://www.ebgames.ca/Wii%20U/Games/718529/super-smash-bros-bundle-eb-exclusive?previousUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebgames.ca%2FSearchResult%2FQuickSearchHeaderPlatform%3Fplatform%3D47%26rootGenre%3D57

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, The Division, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games: 40
Highscores: 1
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby MikeyFromSantee » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:27 pm

This will be Day One for me. I think I may still just use the 2DS as my controller, I'm really comfortable with it now.

Mike Ellis, a.k.a. MikeyFromSantee
San Diego, CA, USA
Pokémon Professor
Tournament Organizer | VG Judge | TCG Judge

I'm currently playing Pokemon Alpha, Pokemon Omega
View my Games
MikeyFromSantee
Featured Broadcaster
Featured Broadcaster

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 16
Blog: View Blog (3)
Discord: 8546

Postby Topcat3 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:29 am

Damnit! I didn't think the controller bundles would sell out. Just been looking everywherre and can't find them anywhere... They have them separately on the Official Nintendo store though, guess i'm getting them from there. Hope they can deliver for release day.

Will be getting a couple of amiibo's at launch too. Not sure wich ones though, Pikachu is a definite, but don't know which other to get. If only Lucina was in the first batch of them :(

Here's the link to the Nintendo store if anyone is interested, it's the UK one though.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u/super ... oCJU_w_wcB
Topcat3
GT5 UK Domination
GT5 UK Domination

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby Rapidkirby3k » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:02 am

As I already pre-ordered the Wii U version of the latest Super Smash Bros. game, I'm so excited to return to my old Smash roots! It's also the reason why I made my grand return to SmashBoards. ;)

And not only that, I still have my old gray Gamecube controller to use for the upcoming adapter. :D

I'm currently playing LittleBigPlanet 3, Rocket League, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Gears of War 4
View my Games
Rapidkirby3k
Cowboy

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 5
Discord: 0875

Next

Return to Super Smash Bros