Login with a social network:

Bragging Rights (GS Epic in-game moments)

Use this forum for gaming discussions that either don't apply for any gaming console or can relate to them all.

Bragging Rights (GS Epic in-game moments)

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:53 pm

I have been working on this idea for a little while and after some thought I've decided to give it a shot. The Idea is simple: Submit video clips showcasing those epic moments you've had in-game.

Video capture directions for PS 4 can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=17328

How to capture and upload those epic moments on Xbox One:

You will need to download Upload Studio on your Xbox One
Optional:
For those like me who do a lot of their surfing / forum time on their phone you can download apps for YouTube, OneDrive, and TapaTalk onto your mobile device and access all these features (with the exception of the actual gaming and initial upload to OneDrive that need to be performed on your Xbox One)

You will need the following accounts in order to upload and share your videos:
1) Microsoft (you should already have one set up for your Xbox Live), this will allow you to access One Drive (formerly Sky Drive).
2) YouTube (optional I used YouTube mainly so that I could post the video in the format you see below, but I believe that you can share a link to a video on One Drive and others can view it also)

Capturing the moment:
-This is the easiest part of the process all you have to do is say (or shout depending on how excited you are when it happens), "Xbox record that."
- Some games automatically record certain acts of awesomeness which will allow you to access those game clips as well.

Now to share your video:
1) Launch Upload Studio select Just Trim
2) Select Game DVR
3) You can do editing if you wish but with only 30 seconds of recording time I left mine raw
4) Select ^ Finish
5) Name your video, select tags if you wish
6) Select Upload and Save to OneDrive
7) Go to Onedrive.live.com and log in with your Microsoft Account ID
8) Find your videos and either make them public and share the link or share them to YouTube (i found this process to be very simple using the OneDrive Mobile App)
9) If you are not going to upload to YouTube you can stop here
10) If you chose to upload your clip to YouTube then you have one more step once you have shared your video from OneDrive to YouTube: Post your video on the forums using the You_Tube forum tags (just click on the link at the top of reply/create new message field or type in the tags if you know them) you will place the URL (direct link to your video) in between the tags.

THATS IT YOUR DONE!

I'll start things off with a couple videos I have uploaded.

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warefare:

6 in one kill with a chili bean bomb:

BATTLEFIELD 4:

Just a Hat Trick I managed to rack up in a match:

A trio of kills using a defibrillator:

DEAD RISING 3:

Zombie Genocide (Ultimate Grim Reaper):

Split Shot:

Hope you enjoyed these videos, and I hope to see some of the moments that you have had that make gaming a past time that we all share.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” ~Terry Pratchett

View my Games
LawnGnomer 6
Nomad

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 12
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 7190

Re: Bragging Rights (GS Epic in-game moments)

Postby dunkaroo69 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:42 am

Awesome. This is great information that I didn't even know about. And I just deleted all my clips to make more room on my hard drive. Now I get to start from scratch, but I'll upload more :D

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby BobaFett86 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:14 am

Awesome idea! Though why just Xbox one? Why not all platforms? Would be cool to see all epic moments across GS. :)
BobaFett86
Cowboy Bebop

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:43 am

BobaFett86 wrote:Awesome idea! Though why just Xbox one? Why not all platforms? Would be cool to see all epic moments across GS. :)

I stated this idea here to see how it works. That and I don't know how the process works on PC / Wii U / PSN. I'm all for this to go cross platform if others wish to provide the directions :)

Sent from a galaxy (note 3) far far away.... Via Tapatalk.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” ~Terry Pratchett

View my Games
LawnGnomer 6
Nomad

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 12
Discord: 7190

Postby BobaFett86 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:53 am

LawnGnomer 6 wrote:
BobaFett86 wrote:Awesome idea! Though why just Xbox one? Why not all platforms? Would be cool to see all epic moments across GS. :)

I stated this idea here to see how it works. That and I don't know how the process works on PC / Wii U / PSN. I'm all for this to go cross platform if others wish to provide the directions :)

Sent from a galaxy (note 3) far far away.... Via Tapatalk.

The PS4 is pretty easy to capture footage, similar to Xbox One and there are a few tutorial threads in the Sony forum here at GS that you could reference on the first post here that could help guide PS4 users. Also Mario Kart 8 lets you upload highlight reels of your favorite races straight to YouTube so some may be interested in that(which is a pretty straight forward process). All other older platforms and PC require specific software or capture devices to record footage and that's something we wouldn't have to cover due to the complexity of it. Anywho I like this idea a lot and hope to see others use this thread to show off some awesomeness!

Here is a link to the PS4 guide that Silus Posted!

http://www.gunslingergaming.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=17328
BobaFett86
Cowboy Bebop

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby ShadyNasty PhD » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:57 pm

heres a epics montage of me and 2 friends from battlefield, hope you enjoy and sry if you dont like the song included. ported from youtube

Desperation is a stinky cologne... [Formally Forfeit/Lobster Bisque]
ShadyNasty PhD
Dude

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby McMurphy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:33 am

I am still toying with our new capture device so, tonight, Toezer and I hit the PS2 combat racing game by Naughty Dog entitled Jak X. It is of offline multiplayer matches between us, split screen. The video (below) comes complete with commentary, which I promise you will find amusing.

Yes, we had been drinking. ;)

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games: 68
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
TagsJak X, Gunslingers, Toezer, McMurphy, PS2, Playstation, Naughty Dog, combat racer, racing game, Sony, split screen

Postby nickyrock1962 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:36 am

Combat racing game, it reminds me of a game I used to play on SNES called rock and roll racing, fantastic game music too.

Sent from my RCT6691W3 using Tapatalk
Gamertag: NICKYROCK1962
Console: XBOXONE
Active Games: Forza 6
nickyrock1962
Jailer

Postby dunkaroo69 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:56 am

McMurphy wrote:Yes, we had been drinking. ;)

Haha, doesn't show at all ;) Great races. God I miss this game!

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
TagsJak X, Gunslingers, Toezer, McMurphy, PS2, Playstation, Naughty Dog, combat racer, racing game, Sony, split screen

Postby kindness » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:02 am

Sorry Boo, I had to! :lol:

PSN = ZeusciferX
BF4, PvZ:GW, COD:AW, GTA V
kindness
Claim Jumper

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Main Platform: PS4

Next

Return to General Gaming Discussions