New Member Perk ~ Your Own Blog! [BETA]

Do you think you have comments or suggestions that may help improve the forum and even the site as a whole? Feel free to share said thoughts in this forum.

New Member Perk ~ Your Own Blog! [BETA]

Postby McMurphy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:03 pm

I am happy to announce that we have finished installing a new feature that all GS members are welcome to utilize during their time here: Member Blogs!

Now, everyone has their own blog where it can be more about you. The direct link to the blog, which is directly part of the GS Forum, is the following URL: blog.php

The Member Blogs section is also linked through out the GS site.

You create your own blog, giving it a title and a description, from your User Control Panel, under the "Blog" tab.

You can post comments to people's Blog entries and even rate them (1 to 5 stars). Also, you will now notice that under everyone's name in the forum's topics, there are quick links to each member's blog along with the number of entries that are posted by them. Members can subscribe to blogs they wish to follow, and they can be notified when someone has posted a comment to their own blogs.

An audience to your blog will also be encouraged through RSS Feeds. New blog entries are now part of the GS News feed (see left-top of every GS site page), and a feed exclusively for new blog entries is also available on the Chat Specific Chat Plus drop-down menu. If you wish to promote your blog elsewhere around the internet, each member's blog has its own RSS feed.

Of course, as the title of this announcement indicates, we are only in the BETA version of this new feature. We are giving it a test run to gauge interest and correct any unforeseen coding issues. There are currently some limitations, so I do ask for everyone's patience. Presently, blog entries will not support BBCode or images. Behind-the-scenes testing showed the inclusion of media based BBCode (videos, music, images, etc) tend to kick the blog out of alignment. BBCode has been disabled in the blog section until those issues can be addressed. Smilies, however, are supported. ;)

Also, as much as I sincerely want you to have fun with the new blog feature, please keep in mind that these blogs are a form of a GS hosted communication tool; thus, the same Conduct Guidelines still apply. Here is the direct links to the Guidelines and the FAQ sections:
http://www.gunslingergaming.com/html/guidelines.html
http://www.gunslingergaming.com/html/faq.html

I will post updates and responses to feedback within this announcement. Enjoy! :D
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Highscores: 3
Blog: View Blog (4)

Return to Feedback