Gopp's 2-year Anniversary

Use this forum for gaming discussions that either don't apply for any gaming console or can relate to them all.

Postby goppfather on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:51 am

Wow I just realized I will be celebrating my 2nd anniversary at GS here in the next few weeks! How time flies! I didn’t know which forum thread to post this under but figured “general gaming” is as good as any.

On several occasions I have written some long-winded posts thanking GS and remembering great times that I’ve had here. I left the links at the bottom of the page for some of those posts as they are me giving thanks on a personal level to so many of the great people I have met here. Too many to list again. You all know who you are!

I have met many great friends here in the past two years. As real life changes I know that members come and go from time to time here at GS. I have met several friends who I’m sure will be lifelong friends. That being said, one of the most amazing things that makes me proud to be a member of this community is the fact that as members come and go and often come back, GS is always welcoming and eager to pick up right where we left off. Be that a week or a year between games with our fellow members.

I wanted to go a different route with this post and give you a few personal stats that blow my mind about GS since I became a member just 2 short years ago.
* In the 3 games that I have played the most since joining GS (Black Ops, Battlefield 3 and GT5) there have been 4805 “Good Game” posts in the threads for those respective games. 4805!!! That’s 396 pages of “good game” posts!
* I have had AT LEAST 300 different PSN friends on my friends list at one time or another; all GS members.
* “The Lounge” thread alone has had over 7000 posts since I became a member
* If my count is right, GS has featured 27 games in the time I have been here
* There has been at least ONE GS romance that I’m aware of! (that does NOT include the numerous bro-mances that go on around here)
* At least 400 Spam-bots have been destroyed by Murph and the GS staff
* When I became a member I knew exactly ZERO people who live in foreign countries. I would now consider AT LEAST 15 GS members from different countries to be dear friends.
* There have been approximately 1000 signature banners made by GS members for either themselves or other members.
* Personally, I have played 14 different game titles with GS members and have logged over 1000 hours of total game time with fellow ‘Slingers. (wow, way too much!)
* I’ve gamed with members from 27 US states that Im aware of (California, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, Arizona, Kansas, Wyoming, Nebraska, Missouri, Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia and Kentucky)

So thank you GS for such a great two years! For any new members reading this just keep in mind that the site is what you make of it and if you have been looking for a place to meet some great people, you have found a wonderful community. If you ever have time just look through some of the "good game" threads posted on various games to see what GS is all about. And if you ever have any questions or need help getting in-game or navigating your way around, feel free to send me a message. Thanks again, GS for a wonderful 2 years!

http://www.gunslingergaming.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6996

http://www.gunslingergaming.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8876

http://www.gunslingergaming.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=223&t=8841&start=20 on page 3
goppfather
Marauder

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Rage_Agent on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:00 am

Amen to that!!! Congrats Gopp

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
If at first you don't succeed, give up. Skydiving is not for you.
Youtube.com/PsycotikRage
Twitch.tv/psycotik_Rage
Rage_Agent
2013 COD: Black Ops 2 Champion
2013 COD: Black Ops 2 Champion

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Re: Gopp's 2-year Anniversary

Postby dunkaroo69 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:04 am

Gopp, that's just awesome. You were one of the first GSers that I added to my friends list as well as one of the first I played a game with. At the risk of sounding sappy, I'll say that it's been an honor and a privilege knowing you and here's to another 2 great years :cheers:
dunkaroo69
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby tick221 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:11 am

Congrats Gopp on reaching the 2 year mark!!!!

I was playing Blops last night and commented to Doc, Blasting, and Viper that my first official contact from GS was none other than Gopp in Blops on Villa. I can't believe it's been that long already, but I too couldn't imagine not being part of GS.

Big thanks to everyone who makes this place what it is :D

The list of games I refuse to pre-order for 2014 is longer than the list I am pre-ordering.
tick221
Gunslinger

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Filoofo on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:36 am

Congrats on the two year anniversary Gopp!

Those stats sound crazy, it just shows how great GS are and how much fun we can have when playing together.

We haven't had the pleasure of gaming together that much (other than the short Black Ops matches we had a while back and the training session on GT5) but I really look forward to BL2 and being able to loot Pandora with you and the large group of GS who are getting it.

Again congratulations on the two year anniversary and your work as a GS leader is really appreciated :D !!!

People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point - George Carlin

XBL: Filoofo7
Steam ID: Filoofo
Filoofo
Widow Maker

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby Reebekili on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:41 am

Been great gaming with you Gopp!! BTW you can add Iowa to the list - both Megadeath and I are from Iowa and I know I have killed er played with you a few time!!

Cheers!!
I don't suck I have Disadvantageous Lag Compensation Syndrome
Reebekili
Jailer

Postby goppfather on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:49 am

I knew that Reeb, Im such a dummy!
goppfather
Marauder

Postby Beagles329 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:59 am

How ironic that I'm reading this post as I'm dunking a t-bag while I should be working. Hmmmm...
I do believe Gopp, that you were my first GS contact that I added back in the BLOPS days after I joined.
I feel like I should send you a card or something. Does Hallmark make bromance gaming cards?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
OG Member of the, "If it flies, it dies" Black Ops Club

Beagles329
Outlaw

Postby leiflvr on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:16 pm

Congrats Gopp. My only regret was that I found GS as blops was losing it's lustre but you still made me (an many others) welcome on the forum and in game. Congrats buddy and hopefully the entire band (looks at tick and doc and bonkers) can get back together for at least one more hurrah.

MAKE ME A SANDWICH-TripleF73.
Complaints? Call 30I-DGAF
leiflvr
Jesse James

Postby TBONEgohome on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Congrats Gopp :cheers:

Beyond the reach of human range, a drop of Hell, a touch of strange.
TBONEgohome
Nomad

Location: From the land of maple syrup, bagged milk and shear Awesomeness

Next

Return to General Gaming Discussions