Wow I just realized I will be celebrating my 2nd anniversary at GS here in the next few weeks! How time flies! I didn’t know which forum thread to post this under but figured “general gaming” is as good as any.
On several occasions I have written some long-winded posts thanking GS and remembering great times that I’ve had here. I left the links at the bottom of the page for some of those posts as they are me giving thanks on a personal level to so many of the great people I have met here. Too many to list again. You all know who you are!
I have met many great friends here in the past two years. As real life changes I know that members come and go from time to time here at GS. I have met several friends who I’m sure will be lifelong friends. That being said, one of the most amazing things that makes me proud to be a member of this community is the fact that as members come and go and often come back, GS is always welcoming and eager to pick up right where we left off. Be that a week or a year between games with our fellow members.
I wanted to go a different route with this post and give you a few personal stats that blow my mind about GS since I became a member just 2 short years ago.
* In the 3 games that I have played the most since joining GS (Black Ops, Battlefield 3 and GT5) there have been 4805 “Good Game” posts in the threads for those respective games. 4805!!! That’s 396 pages of “good game” posts!
* I have had AT LEAST 300 different PSN friends on my friends list at one time or another; all GS members.
* “The Lounge” thread alone has had over 7000 posts since I became a member
* If my count is right, GS has featured 27 games in the time I have been here
* There has been at least ONE GS romance that I’m aware of! (that does NOT include the numerous bro-mances that go on around here)
* At least 400 Spam-bots have been destroyed by Murph and the GS staff
* When I became a member I knew exactly ZERO people who live in foreign countries. I would now consider AT LEAST 15 GS members from different countries to be dear friends.
* There have been approximately 1000 signature banners made by GS members for either themselves or other members.
* Personally, I have played 14 different game titles with GS members and have logged over 1000 hours of total game time with fellow ‘Slingers. (wow, way too much!)
* I’ve gamed with members from 27 US states that Im aware of (California, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, Arizona, Kansas, Wyoming, Nebraska, Missouri, Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia and Kentucky)
So thank you GS for such a great two years! For any new members reading this just keep in mind that the site is what you make of it and if you have been looking for a place to meet some great people, you have found a wonderful community. If you ever have time just look through some of the "good game" threads posted on various games to see what GS is all about. And if you ever have any questions or need help getting in-game or navigating your way around, feel free to send me a message. Thanks again, GS for a wonderful 2 years!http://www.gunslingergaming.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6996http://www.gunslingergaming.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8876http://www.gunslingergaming.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=223&t=8841&start=20
on page 3