Login with a social network:

Chapter 8 glitch

The war with the Helghast has bled over into the next generation! Suit up and join your fellow Gunslingers here!

Chapter 8 glitch

Postby BigBangBear » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:02 am

Just getting back into playing the game and decided to try and finish the campaign before heading back into the MP world. Was rolling along on hard and have now reached what looks like a game breaking glitch. Here is a video of someone else with the same issue

Any ideas how to solve? Best I have seen right now is to delete the game and re-install. Was hoping for a better solution because I had a bit of trouble taking out the first moblie scanner in front of the builiding before the glitch and would prefer not to redo it.

View my Games
BigBangBear
Traveling Elixir Swindler

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 5
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Chapter 8 glitch

Postby Mimbres » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:40 pm

Hey Bear, I didn't have that issue but your're probably going to have to restart the section. Fortunately, by doing so you can also earn the the no death trophy by completing each one without dying.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin.

“How could you do the things you do. You make Satan look like Jesus Christ, I swear it's true.” Zakk Wylde - " The Things You Do" One of the best song lyrics ever.

PSN: WhiPWCC
XBox: WhiPWCC

Mimbres
Cattle Rustler

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Re: Chapter 8 glitch

Postby BigBangBear » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:41 pm

Thanks for the advice. Ended up having to delete the install because restarting didn't work. Think something glitched when I died in the level just after taking out one of the capacitors for the mobile scanning unit because after that the building didn't fall either when you start that sequence.

You are way better than me if you can get away with no deaths on hard mode. Always make a stupid mistake somewhere when trying to do that. Need the buffer of being able to take a few more bullets. On the plus side, I beat the game this morning. Mostly enjoyed the campaign except for a few checkpoints that frustrated me. From Killzone 2 and 3, I figured the hard mode would be much worse but it was pretty manageable.

View my Games
BigBangBear
Traveling Elixir Swindler

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 5

Return to Killzone: Shadow Fall