Login with a social network:

COD: Ghosts Clan App Info & Reply to Join Here!

Lock 'n' Load, Gunslingers! The next generation of Call of Duty action is on the Xbox360, XboxOne, PS3, PS4, PC, and the Wii U. Wage war within!

COD: Ghosts Clan App Info & Reply to Join Here!

Postby McMurphy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:13 pm

If you are interested in taking part in the optional in-game clan and "Clan War" features in Call of Duty: Ghosts, this is the topic that you will wish to reference and respond to! Please keep in mind that the associated app published by Actvision is still not complete or in proper working order. It is recommended that you check back to this topic from time to time to see what information has changed.

APPLYING INFORMATION

Official In-Game Clans
Here are the official Gunslingers in-game clans that you can currently join:
Gunslingers
Gunslingers2
Gunslingers3

The in-game clans are NOT platform specific, so which one you join is completely up to you as long as there is still room and that a GS Leader or Captain is able to accept your application.

How to Apply
We can no longer send out invites to members in a timely fashion due to the limitations of the current version of the program. A person must apply to the in-game clan to join. Here are the steps:
1.) Download the Call of Duty: Ghosts Application (see below information for details).
2.) Go to this topic and REPLY stating that you have applied to [place in-game clan's name here].
3.) Use the app's "Find and Join Clans" feature and search for one of the above GS clans.
4.) Click "Apply."

APP INFORMATION

What is it?
The Call of Duty: Ghosts app is a free program published by Activision and developed by Beachhead that players can opt to download on certain devices and home computer operating systems. The app links to your Call of Duty account and enables a player to customize load-outs and participate in the game's new in-game clan related features. Presently, the app is the only way to apply to in-game clans and to see most of its activity.

The following link is to Activision's page about the app for more information: http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/features/mp/app

App Versions and Download Links
There are four versions of the app. Currently, there is no web browser version of this program, so a person's ability to take part in this Call of Duty: Ghosts feature is heavily dependent on whether or not he/she owns a compatible device.

Here are the four versions of the app and the associated download links:

Here is a link to the Activision page that goes into further detail in regards compatibility because not all generations of Apple and Android devices will be compatible:
http://support.activision.com/articles/ ... patibility

CLAN WARS

What is it?
Despite what the title of the feature suggestions, Clan Wars does NOT refer to an automated version of a more tradition meaning of the term that pits clans directly against each other in matches. In short, the Clan Wars feature creates an interface and special leaderboards that registered clans use to get special attention as they acquire "Capture Points" while doing assigned challenges and game modes. The clan that earns the most Capture Points during a specified period of time (usually a week) wins the Clan War. Along the way, all clans have the opportunity to earn extra XP and other perks for members in their clans through completing a set of achievements.

Clans do not need to meet at specific times to play together to earn capture points and achievements. If a player is part of an in-game clan, his/her success in a game mode gets tallied with the rest of the clan as long as they are playing with at least one other clanmate.

Here is a screen cap of the main interface of the Clan Wars feature:

Here is a reprint of Activision's FAQ section in regards to Clan Wars:
1. What is Call of Duty Clan Wars?
Call of Duty Clan Wars is a brand new game mode in the Call of Duty app that ties directly to Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer. It offers a deeper Clans experience by enlisting players into a larger conflict where any Clan Member, regardless of skill level, can contribute to the Call of Duty Clan War simply by participating, and rewards them with cool items, both in the app and in Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer.

2. How does Call of Duty Clan Wars work?
In Call of Duty Clan Wars, your Clan is pitted against seven other evenly matched Clans to battle for possession of key locations on the Call of Duty App’s Clan Wars map over a period of time.

The locations on the Call of Duty App’s Clan Wars map are tied to specific multiplayer modes in Call of Duty: Ghosts. For example, when you’re playing in a clan war, the Aqueduct location on the Call of Duty App’s Clan Wars map is tied to the Team Deathmatch (TDM) mode in Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer, and your Clan will battle against seven other Clans to secure and hold the Aqueduct location while the other Clans try and take it away from you. Each time your Clan wins a Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer match in TDM, your Clan gets a Capture Point for the Aqueduct location. There will be multiple locations on the Call of Duty App’s Clan Wars map, tied to other multiplayer game modes in Call of Duty: Ghosts, and your Clan gets more Capture Points for securing either the Aqueduct or other locations and holding them down over time. The Clan with the most Capture Points at the end of the period wins the Clan War.

Clans that participate in Call of Duty Clan Wars have the opportunity earn cool rewards both in the Call of Duty App and in-game as well. Rewards are distributed based on how your Clan ranked in the overall Clan War. Of the seven Clans that participate in a Clan War, the top three ranking Clans will earn rewards, with the winning Clan receiving the most.

Clan Members can review their standings at any point during a Clan War using the Call of Duty App, and strategize their next multiplayer play session – should your Clan hold down the location you've already captured, or move on to try and capture other locations for even more points.

3. How do I level up my Call of Duty: Ghosts Clan?
In Call of Duty: Ghosts, all multiplayer matches played with at least one other Clan Member will earn Clan XP and unlock Clan rewards.

4. If I choose not to use the Call of Duty App, will other players with the Call of Duty App have an unfair advantage with the in-game Call of Duty Clan Wars rewards?
No, the Call of Duty App does not provide any unfair gameplay advantage in Call of Duty: Ghosts Multiplayer.

I hope this helps people participate and understand the (temperamental) COD: Ghosts app and related clan feature. If you have applied to one of the GS in-game clans and/or have additional questions, please reply here. :codgrin:

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 68
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674

Re: COD: Ghosts Clan App Info & Reply to Join Here!

Postby spinlock_x » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:28 pm

Just applied to Gunslingers [GS1]
PSN: spinlock_X
spinlock_x
Stable Hand

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Inverdiv » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:21 pm

Not sure whether to apply or not. App is showing my clan as Gunslingergaming, old MW3 clan? It appears to be active and has registered points and lots of familiar names in the roster...
Inverdiv
Bartender

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby ramblingjordan » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:22 pm

I'm having trouble. I applied to the gunslingers clan (gs1) but it says I can't because I withdrew earlier. I must have double tapped it.

Can I ask for an invite to gamertag: ramblingjordan

Huge thanks and I'll try not to be as careless with my trigger finger.
ramblingjordan
Green Horn

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby leiflvr » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:43 pm

Jordan. Unfortunately we are unable to send out invites as we were with Elite. You could try applying to GS2.

Just as a PSA. For people applying to the clan. Reply here FIRST and then submit an application. If an application is received by us and no reply is posted here, it will be rejected. Also, if your forum name is different than your GT/PSN then PLEASE post that as well to ensure speedy processing of your application and lessen the chances of it being rejected.

Thank you all for your cooperation.
MAKE ME A SANDWICH-TripleF73.
Complaints? Call 30I-DGAF
leiflvr
Jesse James

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby travis0159 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:02 pm

Applied to Gunslingers
GT is GS Travo
travis0159
Green Horn

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby drfishy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:11 pm

applying to gunslingers psn: anull_abuse
drfishy
Green Horn

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby ramblingjordan » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:37 pm

Applied: ramblingjordan

if this works anyone who has the 'already withdrew' error could try logging out of the ghosts app and logging back in and reapplying.
ramblingjordan
Green Horn

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby travis0159 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:12 pm

ok so apparently the Ghost app is retarded, its saying my profile name is Red Travo BPG...which is at least a year old GT.

GS Travo is my new gamertag
travis0159
Green Horn

Postby McMurphy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:03 am

travis0159 wrote:ok so apparently the Ghost app is retarded, its saying my profile name is Red Travo BPG...which is at least a year old GT.

GS Travo is my new gamertag

Yeah, it is. Even though I have never played Ghosts on the Xbox360 and the primary account attached to my Call of Duty username is set to PS3, it is only pulling up my friend roster and gamer tag for the Xbox360. I imagine that the associated stats for my account is also from a previous COD title I had for the Xbox 360 as well, since they don't match the stats I have for Ghosts on the PS3.

With the Ghosts app, there is no reason to be modest. Simply assume it is the fault of the app, not that you are doing something wrong. :codthumbsdown:

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 68
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674

Next

Return to Call of Duty: Ghosts