Login with a social network:

Battlefield 4 on PS4 - Frosty Pints - Sat 2/21/15

For PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox360, and XboxOne Gunslingers!

Re: Battlefield 4 on PS4 - Frosty Pints - Sat 2/21/15

Postby bdnyy23 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:13 am

The server is BD's Saloon - yeah I know real original but names have never been my thing if you couldn't tell ;)

I will log in from work today and set you up as an admin if I didn't do so already, looking forward to tomorrow night :)

Edit - Just logged in and set you as an Admin Boo - you are all set - if it asks for a password let me know - actually I will PM you the password just in case ;)

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby rfrost » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:37 pm

My commitment for Saturday just cancelled due to weather. I can get on tomorrow night. I probably missed it, but what time. Also, I want to make sure you are aware, I have never played BF4 multiplayer. I have played BO2 & AW, and I'm not that good, so if you don't want me messing up your game, just say so & I won't be offended.
rfrost
Green Horn

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby bdnyy23 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:13 pm

I set it up to start at 9pm est, but you can get there whenever you want. It is just about getting as many GSers together to play Battlefield, so I am expecting that people will come and go throughout the night and you are definitely welcome besides now I would be insulted if you don't show up ;)

As for never playing, that is fine, you are probably still better than me :(. I haven't played in 6 months as I have been stuck in the world of Destiny, but I keep on saying that since BF4 is supposed to be fixed that I need to get back to playing again and I really miss gaming with the big GS groups (I assume you have a headset so we can hear you scream when Mike takes your tags for the umpteenth time). The biggest thing is don't get upset, there are going to be GSers and other players that will dominate, but with Battlefield you don't have to be the best, just try to find something within the game that you can do to help out your team. That could be jumping in the back of a helicopter and keeping it airborne with your repair tool (I used to be a repair tool expert cause I can't drive or fly ;)) and shooting down other choppers with your rocket launcher. Even just spotting players on the other team is extremely helpful to your team mates as well as capping flags, all the little things help a lot more than k/d matters.

So what I am saying is we will see you tomorrow night, as there is no better time for you to get introduced to Battlefield multiplayer, and I can guarantee you will have a great time (if you don't you can have a set of Mike's tags ;) ).

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby rfrost » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:41 pm

Great I'll be there. yes I have a headset.
rfrost
Green Horn

Postby Scandal » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:08 pm

bdnyy23 wrote:No problem Frost, I think my plan going forward is that I will be playing BF4 on Saturday's going forward if anyone else is playing, so if you see me on and you want to join, feel free.

As for Saturday, I rented a server for 7 days yesterday and set it to the classic Conquest rotation. If we get enough GSers and we want to have some admin rights we can use that or we can just hop in and populate another server, doesn't matter to me I just wanted to have it in case we need it. I think I set 5 or 6 GSers to have Admin rights, if anyone else wants admin access just let me know. I think I set a password, it never asked me for it, but if you need that just PM me.

I will say that it was annoying that when I jumped in to play some, all or my settings and loadouts were reset from the last time I played (still trying to remember what my favorite loadout/weapons were). I guess it was a result of not playing since I changed my hard drive, I just thought most of the settings would have been stored on-line. I also was having a hell of a time with mixing up controls, especially when trying to use vehicles, I think I finally got the control setup back to where I used to have it, but I swear there are a lot more options since the last time I played.

Oh damn, I changed my hard drive on Monday. I guess I'm going to have the same problem. Argh!
Scandal
Grave Digger

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby bdnyy23 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:33 am

You may be fine, I am really not sure why everything on my end reset it could just be due to me not playing the game in over 6 months. I could see the game settings being reset, though I thought my cloud save would have been used for that, I just figured my loadouts would be stored on Dice's server since I can adjust those via the app. Oh well, should be all set now - just hope I reset everything to where it should be.

Looking forward to tonight, hope we can get a good group together - I will set up a party chat when I get on so feel free to jump in. I am sure that we will need multiple party's so if the first is full, feel free to set up another and maybe include in your party description that it is for BF4 frosty pints so others can find it. I will also have the Mangler (vent) app open on my phone so we should be able to use that for larger group chat as well. It does not look like a BF4 channel was added, so I will just take over one that is not being used for the night (probably one of the destiny ones).

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

Postby rfrost » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:38 am

I assume there is nothing special I need to do to join in. Is it just like BO2 where you just join a party with a friend?
rfrost
Green Horn

Postby Beagles329 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:27 am

rfrost wrote:I assume there is nothing special I need to do to join in. Is it just like BO2 where you just join a party with a friend?

There are just a couple of things, BD requires that you play with your pants around your ankles and munch on cheetos loudly into the mic. :)

Joking...all you need to do is join up. It might help if you have the GS clan tag just so people know that you are GS but it's not required.
OG Member of the, "If it flies, it dies" Black Ops Club

Beagles329
Outlaw

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby bdnyy23 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:39 am

The first thing you may want to do is look for a party chat that is set up and join that. Once you are in the party chat, you should be able to select one of the members in the party and inspect them which should show you what game they are playing and that should give you an option to join them. The other option would be to launch BF4 and then go to Multiplayer, once there if you press the touch pad it will bring up Battlelog and that should show you your friends that are playing and the server they are on, it should also give you an option to join them from there.

If you have not set up a profile, you may want to go to Battlelog.battlefield.com and set up your profile before playing (not sure but you may be able to do that from within the game as well), I am pretty sure that you set it to connect to your PSN account and than you can use the computer or the Battlelog app on your phone/tablet to adjust your loadouts and I think you can also find and join players from the app.

I am basing all of this on how it worked the last time I played, so some things may have changed or I may be misremembering things ;) If you join the party chat and you are having trouble joining, the members in the party should be able to tell you the name of the server they are on and than you can search for it under multiplayer and than servers. Keep in mind that when you first join there is no guarantee that you will be put on the same team, but you can try to change mid game or at the start of the next game, if you have any questions we will be there to help you figure it all out.

edit - just saw Beagles post, and we weren't going to tell you about that part until you joined, that is just an added bonus but guess you would need to make sure you had the Cheetos ahead of time :lol:

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

Postby bdnyy23 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:28 pm

Don't forget - starting at 9pm eastern tonight - get in on the fun of some BF4 Frosty Pints :) Leaving work now - see you all soon - and please remember, go easy on me ;)

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Battlefield 4