Login with a social network:

Marvel Heroes First Impressions

Discuss Marvel Heroes and team up with fellow GSers for some hack-and-slash action here!

Marvel Heroes First Impressions

Postby McMurphy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:40 pm

Now that Marvel Heroes is officially launched, what is everyone's first impressions of the game?

Personally, I am really liking it. It is bring up memories of both Marvel Ultimate Alliance and the original Diablo. Without realizing it, I dumped a good amount of time into it today.

How about the rest of you?

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Rocket League
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 68
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674

Re: Marvel Heroes First Impressions

Postby Evacuate » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:35 pm

So far I am loving the game. My main character is in the mid 20's so have a decent feel for the game. It reminds me a bit of the old Diablo 1& 2 games. Hack n slash with having to have "hands" to try and live through boss fights. Have not got into the PvP since the game has gone live so cannot speak on that front as of yet.

One big thing that is a plus is if you take the time you can earn every character and their costumes without having to actually pay money for them. No pay to win here. Will update more as I progress further.
Evacuate
Cowpoke

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby RLGORMORTIS » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:55 am

So far i like many aspects of the game except one I picked one of the lamest heroes to start with. Yes the idea of him is cool by day a defense attorney by night a super hearing vigilante. But in this game it just seems like im a guy running around with a stick thwappping them on the head. I was expecting more evasive moves but i havent seen them while i watch people throw thunderbolts, flying fire engulfed phoenixs, even a ear shattering ground pound followed with its clovbering time or hulk smash. I had great hopes to unlock my character quick but all i found was hawkeye *another character you start with* and the came will not let me buy enough cash without over purchasing him by 8 dollars.
“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.”
― Frank Sinatra

RLGORMORTIS
Quick Thumbs

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby xXdrewbaccaXx » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:13 am

Why is the DLC so obscenely expensive for this game? :lol:
xXdrewbaccaXx
Rancher

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Marvel Heroes