Login with a social network:

Marvel Heroes Online

Discuss Marvel Heroes and team up with fellow GSers for some hack-and-slash action here!

Marvel Heroes Online

Postby Hohndo » Mon May 20, 2013 5:10 pm

I'm pretty surprised I haven't seen a thread on this, and I'll probably end up posting a thread in D3's forum to poke for interest as well.

This is a top down ARPG MMO similar to Diablo 3. In fact, the creator of Diablo and Diablo 2 David Brevik is leading this game. I am also friends with some of the developers that used to play (and develop) another MMO with me (I am not a developer..). This game will also be free-to-play and in a single instance there can be 25 heroes present at one time.

I have been part of the closed beta testing since January and since the NDA is lifted now I will do my best to share with you as much information as I can, my biggest factor now is finding time to write it all up, lol.

Now, I'm not giving the full list of heroes, that can be found on the website but there are 21 heroes in total with another 5 to go live sometime post-launch. As stupid as it sounds, you can have multiple of the same hero in the same world, but it actually works out pretty well. Costumes are what makes characters look different and considering there are hundreds of them, I'm positive that not everyone will look like a carbon-copy. Every hero is essentially it's own class if you are familiar with Diablo's class system, and most can be played in multiple different ways. They aren't as developed as Diablo's classes, and I'm sure this is by design because they have to make money somehow, lol.

The list:
https://marvelheroes.com/game-info/game ... eroes/grid

Marvel writers and artists have written and drawn the story and comic panels for this game. This game will not follow any current Marvel universe, it will essentially be it's own lore.

For the PvPers such as myself, PvE and PvP will be a separate entity within the game so it will be individually balanced. (THANK YOU!!!)

They have a lot of talented voice actors in this game, and rather then naming off people, I'll post a video with a few of them..

Also.. http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/540 ... A9F415AD8/

I'm not even gonna get into the gameplay itself, it feels as it should. There are balance issues during the current beta, so I do not expect this to be the greatest game ever upon release on June 4th (May 28th for me..). For the people that want this to be like Marvel Ultimate Alliance, you'll be left wanting, but it should fill the gap.

I am truly excited for the potential of this game, but I may not be so hopeful for the launch of this game. The developers are doing a great job listening to players while still trying to run as a company, and the changes that have been made in the last few months are nothing short of amazing for such a small team of people.

I say people should at least give this thing a shoot. I'll be opening the GS guild in-game once I am able to buy it after the release on the 28th for me. Hoping I can have it going by June 4th. :P

I'll leave you guys with some videos..the first one being a story video leading up to release.

There are a bunch more videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/marvelheroesonline

Lots of videos of streams to get a better idea of the gameplay, should be pretty familiar to any veteran players.
Hohndo
Saloon Keeper

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 5187

Re: Marvel Heroes Online

Postby JDubeous » Fri May 24, 2013 9:16 am

Yea, I played the Beta for this game a little bit. I wasn't tooooooo thrilled with it, but I also think I should have given more time to the Beta to fully evaluate it. But for the most part, it's kinda like what you said, filling the gap left behind by Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

Dunno if I will drop the money for the game's various founder packs though. However I am considering it.
JDubeous
Trail Guide

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Hohndo » Fri May 24, 2013 6:59 pm

There are founders packs till the 3rd. Heroes will go up in price after that.

This game will be great, just not at launch.
Hohndo
Saloon Keeper

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby Evacuate » Sat May 25, 2013 3:05 pm

I have been in the close beta for a couple months now. Not playing every day but here and there. So far its a ton of fun and cannot wait to get going. I had purchased a founders pack a while back so will be in game early. Can post some pictures and possibly some videos if anyone would like. Never recorded video before so that could be some work.
Evacuate
Cowpoke

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby Hohndo » Sat May 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Going to team up with you then. :)
Hohndo
Saloon Keeper

Postby Evacuate » Sat May 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Hohndo wrote:Going to team up with you then. :)

Sweet!!! Have a small group of friends who I use to play CoH and StoR who are playing as well. If you play through steam add Evacuate22
Evacuate
Cowpoke

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby Hohndo » Sun May 26, 2013 8:19 am

I'll throw an add that way if I remember later, lol. If not, mine is the same name as my forum name here.

Read this on MHO's forums..I don't feel so bad about buying this now..lol.

With the G conversion rate finally announced (and being what most of us guessed), I took the time to calculate the full worth of the Ultimate Pack, to check if it lived up to the "at least $750" price tag, and it did.

This is all based on the current G prices in the shop, and of course, any changes will invalidate this completely. I do not take into account any free heroes gained during the playthrough like completing the Raft or beating Doom. I will list the price of each hero and the price of all their costumes, then various other things, and finally, the total.

Black Panther: 900+3400
Black Widow: 600+2550
Cable= 900+3100
Captain America: 1200+4250 (The Captain costume missing from the shop)
Colossus: 900+3300 (Outback/underpants only costume missing from the shop)
Cyclops: 900+4550
Daredevil: 600+3800
Deadpool: 2000+4950 (Unmasked costume missing from the shop)
Hawkeye: 600+3750
Hulk: 1200+4950 (War costume missing from the shop, exclusive Maestro costume not counted)
Iron Man: 2000+12500 (Stealth costume missing from the shop, exclusive Mark 42 costume not counted)
Jean Grey: 1200+4000
Ms. Marvel: 900+3150
Punisher: 900+2750
Rocket Raccoon: 1200+3200
Scarlet Witch: 600+4550
Spider-Man: 2000+7450 (Exclusive Symbiote costume not counted)
Storm: 600+3750
Thing: 600+2250
Thor: 1200+3100 (Destroyed costume missing from the shop)
Wolverine: 1200+5050 (Days of Future Past costume missing from the shop, exclusive Weapon X costume not counted)

The stash for each hero: 26x350 = 9100
Cash: 5000

Total: 126,650 Gs
Total in USD: $1266.5
And then we get to add the EXP and Rarity boosts, the missing costumes and exclusive costumes, 5 heroes and their initial costumes to that... So, well above $750.
Hohndo
Saloon Keeper

Postby Hohndo » Tue May 28, 2013 8:05 am

This goes live for me in just a few short hours :)
Hohndo
Saloon Keeper

Postby Evacuate » Tue May 28, 2013 8:10 pm

So when is the game going live? Is it Friday? Sooner or later?
Evacuate
Cowpoke

Postby GodAmongMen » Wed May 29, 2013 1:28 pm

Looking to start playing this on Friday, buying the Avengers Assemble Starter PP.........not exactly sure what my in game name will be hope it isn't my email like it was in the Beta really want it to be GodAmongMen.

Is anyone going to start a Guild from Gunslinger starting June 4th or shortly after once the Guild feature goes live?
GodAmongMen
Steam - Soulcravier
D3 - GodAmongMen#1154
WoW - warcraftdamien@yahoo.com
MH - warcraftdamien
GodAmongMen
Stable Hand

Next

Return to Marvel Heroes