Login with a social network:

Halo 4 Matchmaking Update: 9.16.13

Load up on guns and bring your GS* friends to the Halo 4 battlefields!

Halo 4 Matchmaking Update: 9.16.13

Postby nickyrock1962 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:18 pm

They keep making this game worse for players that mainly like JUST PLAYING SLAYER/BIG TEAM SLAYER, now they have messed up big team slayer. see highlights below.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today’s Matchmaking Update introduces new content and optimization across several different playlists, including continued playlist consolidation. For an update regarding consolidation and other upcoming Matchmaking items, be sure to read the latest Halo Bulletin. The details of today's update can be found below.

Ricochet

Ricochet has received new and optimized maps this week. Haven, Solace, and Adrift have been updated to the “Turbo” variants that were released with the weapon tuning – this includes colors and lifts added to Haven, new geometry added to Solace and Adrift, and more. Also, three new popular symmetrical, arena type Community Forge maps have been added: Onyx, Dispatch, and Simplex. We hope that those of you who have been frequenting the Ricochet playlist will enjoy these updated and new map variants!

Big Team Battle

The Big Team Infinity Slayer and Big Team Skirmish playlists have been combined to create the Big Team Battle playlist, which brings 8v8 combatants into the same arena. The Big Team Infinity Slayer CSR has been carried over, and the Matchmaking Systems team will closely monitor match quality as well as community feedback regarding Big Team Battle CSR and in-game experiences. :P

Infinity Slayer

The Majestic Map Pack is now required to play Infinity Slayer. As the goal of this is to gauge if the DLC-required playlist solution is a viable one, we will be monitoring its population closely. This is an experiment, and is in no way, shape or form a permanent move at this time. We have also slightly adjusted and optimized the voting options in this playlist.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
complete article can be found here: http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2013 ... 91613.aspx
Gamertag: NICKYROCK1962
Console: XBOXONE
Active Games: Forza 6
nickyrock1962
Jailer

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Halo 4 Matchmaking Update: 9.16.13

Postby Pikan Rikan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:03 pm

You're right...some of us just want to shoot stuff and we keep getting forced into their games modes.

Xbox Live: Pikan Rikan
Pikan Rikan
Gunsmith

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby McWolfn » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:53 pm

I'm gone for a few weeks and so much is changing wth?
McWolfn
Dude

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Crof2003 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:46 pm

Oh gross....I can see that taking out a large portion of our Halo community...since about all we do is big team. Which has evolved from Big team, to "ok everyone, vote for the one labeled 'infinity slayer' so we can enjoy the game", to what will now apparently be "dear lord, just pick something that isn't objective"

And DLC required for normal slayer? I mean I have the DLC, but I feel I want to avoid the playlist on principal alone. I feel no one should ever buy a game and be severely limited on what they can do because they don't continue to buy DLC.

I think I'm breaking out rockband this weekend to spite 343i. Anyone wanna have a protest jam session with me? lol
Gamertag - Crof2003

Multipalyer Games: Forza, Master Chief Collection, Titanfall, Battlefield 4
Crof2003
Undertaker

Postby OneAcedia » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 pm

soooo......bad then right? :geek:
ACEDIA

NICE AND SIMPLE
OneAcedia
Bandito

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Pikan Rikan » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:53 am

I played some Big Team last night and though I noticed the changes, most folks stuck with the traditional play modes.

I did notice however that there were very few playing 4v4 Infinity Slayer. I don't know if that's because it was a Tuesday night or because of the new DLC requirement (probably the latter). I enjoy the smaller maps and focus on gunfights of Slayer so I hope this doesn't continue to keep players away.

Pikan Rikan
Gunsmith

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby YumYumxSauce » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:54 am

Oh....well ill be the one. I 100% agree with this matchmaking update. Commendations will be harder but with populations up, now we can find games easier and with a smaller Trueskill window.
YumYumxSauce
Green Horn

Postby Crof2003 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:40 pm

YumYumxSauce wrote:Oh....well ill be the one. I 100% agree with this matchmaking update. Commendations will be harder but with populations up, now we can find games easier and with a smaller Trueskill window.

I can see the population argument: newer xbox games have come out, so there isn't enough players for each gametype to have its own playlist like it used to.

(Note: I'm saying everything below without having tried the update. Just speaking from past experiences)
However, I get frustrated with combined slayer and objective playlists. For me, I'm either in the mood for playing as a team and trying to get an objective accomplished, or I want to mindlessly kill enemies. Very rarely do I think "eh, either is ok"

This often makes me get bored very quickly. I also think this often leads to people ignoring the objective and just playing slayer when they should be doing something else like capturing a flag or protecting a ball carrier.

But maybe that's just me? Halo 4 is still my favorite xbox game at the moment, but I'm ready for a new one....too bad that isn't going to be out for a loooooooooooong time... :(
Gamertag - Crof2003

Multipalyer Games: Forza, Master Chief Collection, Titanfall, Battlefield 4
Crof2003
Undertaker

Postby Pikan Rikan » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:12 pm

Crof2003 wrote:But maybe that's just me? Halo 4 is still my favorite xbox game at the moment, but I'm ready for a new one....too bad that isn't going to be out for a loooooooooooong time... :

Not just you and I'll also be playing on Halo 4 for quite some time as the only game coming down the pipe that could potentially draw me away is Titanfall next year (if the 360 game isn't just a watered down version of the XBOne).

I don't know about everyone else...but I love this damn game. I hope the community continues because now I'm starting to improve and really enjoy Halo for what it is...a smarter online FPS.

Pikan Rikan
Gunsmith

Return to Halo 4