Login with a social network:

RIP Halo Council is dead

Load up on guns and bring your GS* friends to the Halo 4 battlefields!

Re: RIP Halo Council is dead

Postby nickyrock1962 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:19 pm

And let's not overlook what the upcoming "The Pit" remake ported to halo 4 will do for involving halo players new and old.

Sent from my PMID705 using Tapatalk HD
Gamertag: NICKYROCK1962
Console: XBOXONE
Active Games: Forza 6
nickyrock1962
Jailer

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby GravasaurusRex » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:58 pm

nickyrock1962 wrote:And let's not overlook what the upcoming "The Pit" remake ported to halo 4 will do for involving halo players new and old.

Sent from my PMID705 using Tapatalk HD

And that's great, but it feels like what they did came a little too late. At least they admitted that they messed up and didn't realize how big the shoes they were filling actually was. Hopefully they learn from their mishaps and make up for it with Halo 5.
GravasaurusRex
Cattle Rustler

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Crof2003 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:14 pm

As far as my two cents: I believe I heard a while ago that sites like halocharts were running into trouble because Halo 3 and Halo Reach gave programmers an API, which is an easy and allowed way for programmers and website developers to grab all kinds of stats about you and other players. Once you get all of the stats, they things you can do with it is really fun.

The problem is, 343i/Microsoft did not make an API to Halo 4. The sites had to find...uhh..."craftier" ways to grab this same information from waypoint. However, 343i apparently was going after these sites for violating terms of use of waypoint. No stats means the appeal of some of these sites was probably reduced.

It's too bad, since halo waypoint is kind of overly shiny and underly useful.
Gamertag - Crof2003

Multipalyer Games: Forza, Master Chief Collection, Titanfall, Battlefield 4
Crof2003
Undertaker

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Halo 4