Login with a social network:

How are you liking this game so far?

Whether you call it football or soccer, team up with fellow Gunslingers and practice your slide tackle!

How are you liking this game so far?

Postby Filoofo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:40 pm

I'm actually enjoying it. I mean of course I would since I love Fifa but this game is a pretty big improvement to Fifa 13.

The shooting has been improved significantly, the atmosphere and the stadiums look and sound realistic, the new ball shielding is key to keeping possession and the AI are much more responsive. The AI in game modes like Pro Clubs are very alive, they now slide tackle, choose the right pass before passing, they dive at opponents to clear the ball and generally seem more intelligent compared to Fifa 13's AI.

All in all, this is another great Fifa game!

I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.

Steam ID: Filoofo
Filoofo
Widow Maker

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: How are you liking this game so far?

Postby Four » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:28 am

This game plays so differently that I find I'm not enjoying it as much as 13. Not sure if it's the first touch mechanic or the death of contain (yep, I'm that n00bish). Also haven't really been able to build up my UT as well as I did previous titles.

Graphics are beautiful though! Career mode seems to have a little more depth. Is it weird to admit that I always get super excited about the fifa soundtrack? Didn't disappoint this year either.

View my Games
Four
Stable Hand

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 3
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Filoofo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:37 am

Four wrote:This game plays so differently that I find I'm not enjoying it as much as 13. Not sure if it's the first touch mechanic or the death of contain (yep, I'm that n00bish). Also haven't really been able to build up my UT as well as I did previous titles.

Graphics are beautiful though! Career mode seems to have a little more depth. Is it weird to admit that I always get super excited about the fifa soundtrack? Didn't disappoint this year either.

Hey Four and welcome to GS! :)

This game is quite different to other FIFA games, it has lots of new features and aims towards a more realistic football game. Check out this thread I made that has some basic tips that could help improve your FIFA experience: http://www.gunslingergaming.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=241&t=16968

I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.

Filoofo
Widow Maker

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby ChrisDudderz » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:02 pm

I found the best way to build up your UT is by selling the whole team at a slight profit when you finish playing and buying it back the next time you play for less. (Any players that don't sell you still have) Works well for me at least!
ChrisDudderz
Green Horn

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby juice2142 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:17 pm

ive had the game for about 2 weeks. absolutely love it. ultimate team is very addicting...

going to put $5 into the game to buy some packs tonight. never in my life did i think i would fall into the micro transaction trap, but i am for this! I can spend hours tweaking my team and searching market for certain players. Love that aspect. Only problem is i only ever had around 1k of coins
juice2142
Green Horn

Postby McCloud » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:32 pm

The packs are not worth your money tbh, we have all been there but trust us all when we say its a waste.

You can earn coins by playing and build your UT up gradually.
McCloud
Cowboy

Postby Filoofo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:57 am

McCloud wrote:The packs are not worth your money tbh, we have all been there but trust us all when we say its a waste.

You can earn coins by playing and build your UT up gradually.

This. Packs are an absolute waste of time.

EA have been ripping us off for years with Ultimate team. Let me tell you, I've opened 100's of packs and never received any worthy player. Only a select few Fifa players actually get the Ronaldo's and Messi's, the rest of us get to watch and open packs in hopes of getting them.

So I made a promise to myself, I will not play Ultimate Team this year. It's very arcadey and everything seems so easy for everyone.

Filoofo
Widow Maker

Postby McCloud » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:59 am

Remember when m0vena spent 400k and got nowt hehe
McCloud
Cowboy

Postby juice2142 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:06 pm

Opened 3 gold packs and got trash. Kind of expected to do so. First time i've dipped into the micro transactions. I absolutely hate them. Still I like playing these modes and grinding it out with my team. Had about a 78 rated team with 12k of points. I'd like to save to get a Mata or Navas or something, but by the time i get that coin built, it'll be time for MLB and Diamond Dynasty.
juice2142
Green Horn

Postby bosdober » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:57 am

Look for trading strategies on YouTube. My initial team build was based entirely on working the transfer market. I spent about a month of buying cheap silvers and selling them at profit and put together a pretty solid BBVA squad. I succumbed to the microtransactions during FUTMAS but got super lucky and pulled Arjen Robben, which financed a big jump for my team's quality. I also sold my entire team before FUTMAS and re-bought them after the market significantly declined during the TOTY craziness. Through all of that I've out together a really strong team - nothing like a Ronaldo or Messi in my lineup but lots of cards I love.
PSN: aryall

I'm currently playing Fortnite, Overwatch, Fortnite, Overwatch
View my Games
bosdober
Snake Oil Salesman

Games: 25

Next

Return to FIFA Series