Login with a social network:

Madden 13 community/club for the 360

Discuss and sling that football with fellow Gunslingers here!

Re: Madden 13 community/club for the 360

Postby CORtank693 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:13 am

@Birdman
That stinks but is totally understandable. Hope to catch you for a game or some OTP at some point this season.

For those who don't know, they've added FANTASY DRAFT to Connected Careers Mode. I know 2 leagues are plenty but just thought I'd spread the news as some people refrained from purchasing Madden because it lacked this feature.

Hoping to catch some games later tonight! :)
CORtank693
Diablo Slinger

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: PC

Postby NAPoM9 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:22 pm

GT: xDownTownBrown...send me the invites for whatever we are doing. The thread is kinda jumbled and hard to follow who's got who and exactly what game mode we are doing. My teams are as follows:

1. Cowboys
2. Ravens
3. Packers
4. Redskins
5. Bengals

whichever team is first available please message or reply to this post as to the list of who's got what team and please explain what mode we are doing. Thanks guys you all rock!
NAPoM9
Cowboy

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby CORtank693 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:45 pm

@Napam
Of the teams you named, the only one I believe that is available is the Bengals, and only cause Birdman just dropped them. Sent you a msg on xbl regarding league names and passwords to hopefully get you going. Any Q's, I have this on in the background and can help you when available.

The mode we are playing is Online Connected Careers for both (which is basically superstar mode & franchised bundled into one package with social networking and 24/7 access to your team via xbox, phone, laptop).

I'll reply to you via PM.
Last edited by CORtank693 on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CORtank693
Diablo Slinger

Main Platform: PC

Postby NAPoM9 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:13 pm

Ok my question is first off what are the game rules as far as "BS" plays. Meaning 4th down attempts and so on. Second is what if my opponent is not online but yet I want to play the season game? Are we allowed to play just the AI? or do we have to wait?
NAPoM9
Cowboy

Postby elandry » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:43 pm

Napom - for head to head games, it's up to you and your opponent for that game to work out a time to get your game in. If you guys can't get your game in together, your opponent can set his status to autopilot and that will allow you to play against the CPU. You do have to wait until the last night before the league is advanced before you can play against the CPU if they haven't set their team to autopilot. If the game hasn't been played by the time we advance the league, it will get simmed. We advance on Friday and Monday mornings every week so you will have 3-4 days to get each game in.
elandry
Cattle Rustler

Highscores: 1

Postby elandry » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:46 pm

Also, as far as "BS" plays go, I don't want to restrict anyone from doing anything because the situation may require you to go for it on 4th or go for 2, however, we all know what the "BS" in Madden is and all know it is frowned upon. The rule on it is don't be a douche. If people can't abide by that then there will be rules put in place in regards to "BS" plays.
elandry
Cattle Rustler

Postby McCloud » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:30 am

elandry wrote:Also, as far as "BS" plays go, I don't want to restrict anyone from doing anything because the situation may require you to go for it on 4th or go for 2, however, we all know what the "BS" in Madden is and all know it is frowned upon. The rule on it is don't be a douche. If people can't abide by that then there will be rules put in place in regards to "BS" plays.

What are the BS plays buddy?
McCloud
Cowboy

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby elandry » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:22 am

McCloud - the BS plays are going for it on 4th down every time, going for the 2 pt. conversion after a touchdown rather 1 after every score, and doing an onsides kick in attempt to get the ball back after every touchdown. Also, if you have mobile QB, just running on every single play. All of these are things that occasionally happen in real life, however, when it comes to Madden, these things if used too heavily, can ruin the game. There are a lot of people (randoms) that you play online that can be up by 14 and still do these things. It's generally accepted in the Madden community that abuse of this stuff is cheap and frowned upon.
elandry
Cattle Rustler

Previous

Return to Madden NFL Series