Login with a social network:

Controllers that work with Android phones

The market of mobile device orientated gaming is quickly growing. Use this section to discuss and catalog the good times you are having in these games-on-the-go!

Controllers that work with Android phones

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:32 pm

Anyone have any recommendations for a game controller that works with Android phones?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” ~Terry Pratchett

View my Games
LawnGnomer 6
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 12
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 7190

Re: Controllers that work with Android phones

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:42 pm

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/2/20/40 ... oid-or-ios

An article for any interested parties.

“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” ~Terry Pratchett

View my Games
LawnGnomer 6
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby bdnyy23 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:31 pm

I use my PS3 dual shock controller. You need the six axis controller app and for most devices it may require rooting your phone but for fellow gunslingers I would assume that is a given as custom Roms really make the phones fly. If you need any help with it, me know

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

Games: 14
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:23 pm

That's good news. I'll have to look into it. Diss the controller still work on the ps3 also?

View my Games
LawnGnomer 6
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

Postby bdnyy23 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:06 am

To get the controller to work on the PS3 again, all you have to do is connect it to the PS3 with the USB cable and it will reset the Bluetooth address. If you want to use it on your phone or tablet again, you will have to connect it to your computer via USB and manually change the bluetooth address (simple as opening the app and typing in the address). It is easy to do, the sixaxis app will give you the information that you need, but if you are going to use the controller on both it is an added step that you will have to take. The controller will remember your Android device BT address until you reconnect it to your PS3.

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:17 am

bdnyy23 wrote:To get the controller to work on the PS3 again, all you have to do is connect it to the PS3 with the USB cable and it will reset the Bluetooth address. If you want to use it on your phone or tablet again, you will have to connect it to your computer via USB and manually change the bluetooth address (simple as opening the app and typing in the address). It is easy to do, the sixaxis app will give you the information that you need, but if you are going to use the controller on both it is an added step that you will have to take. The controller will remember your Android device BT address until you reconnect it to your PS3.

Good news I'll def. have to look into this. Thanks:)...(the touch screen controls make me feel like I'm a 3 year old picking up an NES remote for the first time and every enemy can best me) :cry:

View my Games
LawnGnomer 6
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

Postby bdnyy23 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:47 am

Yeah I used to use it and it worked great. I really can't get used to the touch screen controls for most games, so using either the wii controller (forgot you can also use a wii controller, though you don't have the analog sticks or triggers for FPS games) and the PS3 controller really helped out.

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:27 am

Good info thanks. I'll play around with this more on Wednesday.

View my Games
LawnGnomer 6
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

Postby bdnyy23 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:33 pm

Not sure if anyone has tried this, but I see that Gamestop has recently released a new Android controller. They are advertising it as a tablet controller, but since it is bluetooth, it should work fine on most Android phones as well. For $25, it may be worth a shot, especially since the reviews are saying this one is built much better than the last.

http://www.gamestop.com/android/accessories/tablet-wireless-game-controller-v2/104425?cid=fds_10000001&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=884486&gclid=CLCJ5tbs87kCFYWe4AodMVcAdA

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:57 pm

I will probably pick this up and try it out. At $25 it's a steal imo. I'll write my opinions on it.

View my Games
LawnGnomer 6
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

Next

Return to Mobile Gaming