Login with a social network:

Controllers that work with Android phones

The market of mobile device orientated gaming is quickly growing. Use this section to discuss and catalog the good times you are having in these games-on-the-go!

Re: Controllers that work with Android phones

Postby bdnyy23 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:52 am

Hey Lawngnomer, just wondering if you ever picked this up and if so what your thoughts were on it. I am debating on picking up the note 3 that is releasing this week and not sure that I will rush to root that one so I won't be able to use the sixaxis controller app on it, so I will need another option for a controller to use with it.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby bdnyy23 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:55 am

Follow up to Lawngnomer, did you ever pick this up one of these controllers. I did get the Note 3, and haven't decided whether I want to root it yet, so I am debating picking up one of these for an upcoming trips. For the price I will probably get one if I can find it in store, but if you have it and it is garbage than I will root my Note 3 and use my PS3 controller, or I will bring my tablet instead.

Thanks.

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby bdnyy23 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:22 am

Ok, so I picked up the controller yesterday and it seems decent especially for the price. Pairing via bluetooth was simple and worked for the few games that I tried, though I did have to map the buttons for Dead Trigger. Also, there is a switch on the bottom of the controller for whether you are using the controller for keyboard control or gaming and each pairs separately. Only thing I don't like so far is the control sticks are very stiff, hopefully they will loosen up, but right now due to the stiffness it makes a big jump once it does start moving and really throws off my aim (though turning down sensitivity has helped).

One last thing, I originally picked this up as I did not want to root my new Galaxy Note 3 yet and as a result I would not be able to use my PS3 controller wirelessly on that. I did order a USB OTG adapter for less than $2 (of course after searching I realized I already had one) and with that I can use my PS3 controller connected via USB cable, so any Android users if you have an OTG adapter and don't want to root, you should have this option as well. Since I plan to connect my Note 3 to the hotel tv and do some gaming, I didn't want to be stuck with my controller connected via USB so this controller should solve that, I guess I will keep this Gamestop controller and put it through its paces.

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

Postby bdnyy23 » Wed May 07, 2014 11:19 am

I know this thread is a bit old, but wanted to let anyone in the market for a controller for their android phone or tablet know that Gamestop has the wireless controller on sale this week for $14.97. Don't bother looking at the list of tablets/phones it says it is compatible with, as it should work fine with any of the newer model android phones and tablets running Android 3.x and later.

http://www.gamestop.com/android/accessories/tablet-wireless-game-controller-v2/104425

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:49 am

Update, this same controller that bd mentioned is now less than $5 sadly (not available online, any of the Android phone controllersj

XB1 GT: Lawngnomer 6

Currently Playing:
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 (xb1)
Halo 5 (xb1)
Star Wars Battlefront (xb1)

Sent from a galaxy (note 3) far far away.... Via Tapatalk.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” ~Terry Pratchett

View my Games
LawnGnomer 6
Nomad

Games: 12
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 7190

Previous

Return to Mobile Gaming