VENGEANCE is coming!!!

Sling the guns and discuss Black Ops 2 within this section of the Gunslinger Gaming Forums. Light 'em up!

Re: VENGEANCE is coming!!!

Postby Rikakiah » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:44 pm

Nice, they showed a sniper on Rush, right after saying it's a run and gun, blitz-style map. Quickscopers rejoice--your asinine playstyle is sanctioned by the developers.

Sorry, I'm bitter. I'd be overjoyed if sniper rifles were removed completely (give semi-auto ARs a higher headshot modifier to allow 1 hit kill headshots instead)--there's no maps anymore (if ever in CoD) that justify the only purpose of a sniper rifle.

But I digress. The new maps look like they should be pretty cool. Sadly, I never played BO1, so I'll be learning Summit/whatever while everyone else destroys me due to an already intimate knowledge of it, just like Studio was.

The island looks pretty cool. Probably gonna be a source of frustration, though, as it sounds like it's keep decently matched teams on their toes and be a playground for those annoying knife monkeys.

Rush just looks like an expanded Grind/Studio combination--a mishmash of a real world "fun zone" where we get to shoot at each other. I've been needing a reason to dust off my SMGs and shotguns, though.

Detour is probably gonna be a pretty fun objective map. If they don't jack up the spawning or cater to spawn campers, it could become one of my favorites. Just like Hijacked--I love that map, but it gets SO frustrating when a troll team comes in just to take advantage of the spawn system on a small, linear map. Nuketown is a close second with its exploitableness, but Hydro is a similarly laid out map that isn't as readily exploitable, so it gives me hope they're learning how to deal with the skinny maps and keeping spawn trapping down.
Rikakiah
Gunsmith

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Dick Lazer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:14 am

downloading now :D buried looks awesome!!
xbl gt=RichardLazer~~~~~ psn=DLckLazer
Dick Lazer
Bootlegger

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby RLGORMORTIS » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:47 am

Rikakiah wrote:
Sorry, I'm bitter. I'd be overjoyed if sniper rifles were removed completely (give semi-auto ARs a higher headshot modifier to allow 1 hit kill headshots instead)--there's no maps anymore (if ever in CoD) that justify the only purpose of a sniper rifle.

*throwing two cents in* i beg to differ wasteland was a fantastic sniper map in mw2 and there is a boat load great sniper maps in world at war * plus the sniper rifles were way more fun with bayonet attachments* the problem is they no longer make such large detailed maps could be it takes too much time to make or they really want to push that fast pace run n gun gameplay more then strategic fireplay, who knows.
“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.”
― Frank Sinatra

RLGORMORTIS
Quick Thumbs

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby Rikakiah » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:19 am

Semi-valid point. I think I did my fair of sniping some lanes in MW3, too. However, those ranges were still in the effective range of an AR with an ACOG. Give the semi-autos a 1-hit kill headshot multiplier and problem solved, especially on the new maps.

I do recall them saying somewhere that they were really wanting tighter, fast-paced, constant action. I really enjoy that, too, just makes the sniper rifles that much more frustrating. I don't mind turning the corner and getting insta-gibbed with a shotgun so much, as that's their role.

I never played WaW beyond the campaign. Not so much a fan of that era weapons and I also think that was the worst campaign in the series. Although, admittedly , I still haven't finished BO2 because it feels a bit disconnected (and the completely mechanically different strike missions are horrible). It could just be that the weapons and loadout system is vastly different than MP, so it feels like a different game (this is the first CoD I didn't play the campaign before booting up MP).
Rikakiah
Gunsmith

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Odin001 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:42 am

It's nice to see summit re-making its appearance, kinda sucks they drop the snow and went to rain though :P. Guess I better get my COD back on again. Those new maps look way better then this last freaking map pack. The new zombies looks good as well.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1
View my Games
Odin001
Ruffion

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 37
Blog: View Blog (1)

Previous

Return to Call of Duty: Black Ops 2