How Did You Hear of Gunslingers?

Introduce yourself! Let the rest of the community get to know you, and there is
no quicker way than to start a post in this forum.

Search Engine Results (such as Google)
42%
Official Forums by a Game's Developers or Publisher
34%
A Game's Fansite (unofficial)
10%
A Social Network (such as Facebook or Twitter)
1%
Word of Mouth / From a Friend (kicking it old school)
6%
Through In-Game Contact
3%
Youtube (or other video references)
0%
Other (I knew those smoke signal classes would pay off)
4%

Total votes : 1162

Postby McMurphy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Back in The Conduit section of our forums, we had a topic like this asking where people had heard of us specifically for that game. I have since been asked why we never had one for the community at large. Being that I couldn't give a good answer to that, here is the topic. :D

The poll attached has ten options to choose from that are picked by the sites and methods we have/are doing recruiting. Be sure to let us know in a reply if you found us by another means.

By the way, thank you all for not only finding us, but choosing the Gunslingers as your home. :)

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 66
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674

Re: How Did You Hear of Gunslingers?

Postby BobaFett86 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Well back in the days when Conduit was hip I stumbled over the GS clan in the Sega Forums. :D
BobaFett86
Cowboy Bebop

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby gmaCHER » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:33 pm

In the Mario Kart Forums.
gmaCHER
Butcher

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Korchie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:23 pm

Mario Kart Wii forums for me.. I was looking for adults to race with because I felt weird and uninterested in befriending a bunch of little kids! I was directed towards GS... back when it was a freewebs website :P ... and was greeted with open arms! I want to say it was Nov 2008 :o

Honestly, the whole thing to me was a little weird at first... I had never been apart of any sort of online community... and never really talked to people online.... but it was awesome to be able to race with people any time of the day with someone always being in the chat room.. and I suppose I got attached to the really cool people around here... aw. :? :D :D :D

PS.... I'm apparently the only on that voted on the poll??? :P
:somerandr: Image

I'm currently playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
View my Games
Korchie
Bounty Hunter

Games: 2
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 9370

Postby Novemberto1968 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:33 pm

i heard about you guys from murph himself. im relatively young compared to most of GS but just like everyone else i didnt want to play along with little kids. i cant remember the forum but it was one murph recruited within
Novemberto1968
Trail Guide

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby Missie86 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:50 am

Sam found me in a WW of Mario Kart, he came to the chat I wa asking for who he was racing with.
one thing let to another I quit that clan and Sam made me come here, and all the people in GS are the once who made me stay.
and that was sometime in January 2009:o
Thank you Sam :*

Edit because of my fail calculation...
Missie86
Trail Guide

Postby BobaFett86 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:07 am

[GS]korchie wrote:Mario Kart Wii forums for me.. I was looking for adults to race with because I felt weird and uninterested in befriending a bunch of little kids! I was directed towards GS... back when it was a freewebs website :P ... and was greeted with open arms! I want to say it was Nov 2008 :o

Honestly, the whole thing to me was a little weird at first... I had never been apart of any sort of online community... and never really talked to people online.... but it was awesome to be able to race with people any time of the day with someone always being in the chat room.. and I suppose I got attached to the really cool people around here... aw. :? :D :D :D

PS.... I'm apparently the only on that voted on the poll??? :P

It wont let me submit a vote. I dont know if its something you and murphy have to do for us. :?
BobaFett86
Cowboy Bebop

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby dryboned » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:07 am

Paws 8-)
Been slinging shells since Super Mario Kart
dryboned
2011 Mario Kart Wii Champion
2011 Mario Kart Wii Champion

Highscores: 3

Postby Griffon » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:44 am

Friend recommendation. :lol:
Griffon
Butcher

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby Dick Lazer » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:59 am

i played cod WaW alot, and noticed i was being raped by groups of people with the same prefix. i hadnt done any online gaming, per say, and never even heard of clans. so when the conduit came out i looked around a bit on the web, and didnt find much.
now is where fate steps in. i was shopping and came across GS completly on accident. i was really looking for a case for my at-9 at the time. :lol: but it caught my attention. mario kart? i thought, i play mario kart. drink? i drink. cool people? well, im not, but i like cool people. hehe and TCon.
so, i signed up. i wasnt going to worry about getting to know anybody, just get some codes and have some gaming friends. i didnt have skype, nor did i want it. well, haha, that lasted till the next day when i noticed a chatroom, popped in. theres missie. :) welcomed me with open arms, in a way that only missie could. then korchie and mcmurphy joined in on the convo. im thinking these guys are nice, maybe ill come back..........well, the rest is history, and now i can honestly say (which is sad when you think about it) my very best friends in my life at this time are right here.
xbl gt=RichardLazer~~~~~ psn=DLckLazer
Dick Lazer
Bootlegger

Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (3)

Next

Return to Introductions